Gordon Food Service General Maintenance Position (avg. $19.75/hr after yr 1*) Edmonton, AB in AB, Canada
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do!
Who is Gordon Food Service? Excellence in Distribution (Our History)
General Maintenance: Edmonton, AB
Shift:Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm or as per operational requirements
Summary:This position is responsible for completing a diverse number of general maintenance duties in a large warehouse and office environment. Individuals report to the Facilities Manager and are responsible for completing repairs and cleaning in a safe, proper and timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General building repair and maintenance duties
- Power Equipment Repairs
- Janitorial Maintenance as required
- Warehouse racking repairs
- Building cleaning and upkeep as required
- Office painting and repairs
- Able to work in the freezer or cooler environment when required
- Must be physically fit and able to safely and repeatedly lift, stack, pull carry heavy items
- Must be self motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Previous general maintenance experience is required
- Previous hand tool experience is required
- A high school diploma is preferred
- Must be able to work in multiple temperature zones including cooler (0oC to 4oC) and freezer (-20oC to -30oC) environments
- Must be able to safely and efficiently navigate a warehouse environment
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times
Sart Date: January 3, 2017.
*Average Wage after 1 year is calculated by adding the hourly wage after 12 months.
Starting Wage: $17.14
Watch this video for even more information about Gordon Food Service! Visit ourYouTube Channel for more videos about our company!
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Maintenance