Tetra Tech Intermediate Environmental Engineer – Contaminated Sites in AB, Canada
Title: Intermediate Environmental Engineer – Contaminated Sites
Job Number: 70400000180
Explore a different kind of company - one that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the Mining, Energy, Transportation and Development sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
From our roots (as EBA Engineering Consultants), and now Tetra Tech Canada, we have progressively expanded since our inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 1000 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices across Canada. We are a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 16,000 employees worldwide.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Environmental Engineer – Contaminated Sites to join our Environment and Water Practice in Edmonton, Alberta. This position will have two primary components: Market and Business Development and Technical Guidance/Project Execution. In the former capacity, you will help solidify and develop Tetra Tech’s portfolio of contaminated sites projects throughout the Northern Alberta and Northwest Territories Region by taking a leading business development and marketing role. In the latter capacity, you will provide technical support, training and mentoring to our team of engineers and scientists working on contaminated site assessment, risk management and remediation projects based on your sound background.
• Business Development with new and existing clients
• Contributing to identifying and securing new business opportunities and marketing activities
• Developing and maintaining a presence as a practice leader in the industry through participation in professional and sector organizations
• Leading the existing team in delivering top quality and winning technical proposals for large, complex Site Assessment and Remediation projects
• Leading the development of accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables for high quality proposals
• Technical Guidance/Project Execution/Report Reviews
• Inspiring a team of Environmental Consultants to high standards of excellence and continuous improvement
• Contributing to ongoing project management best practice implementation
• Staying current on general trends in the technical field and market sector provincially and nationally
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in an environmentally-related engineering discipline
• Minimum of 10 years of related contaminated sites assessment, remediation and risk management experience
• Professional registration as P.Eng. in Alberta or elsewhere and ability to register in other Canadian provinces and territories as required
• Extensive knowledge of Alberta and Northwest Territories environmental regulations
• Strong record of successful business and market development activities
• Ability to mentor and direct staff to execute the work to high technical quality standards
• Strong leadership skills and experience and the desire to train, mentor and develop junior and intermediate professionals within the team
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term, successful professional relationships with colleagues and clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, teamwork, problem solving, leadership and mentorship skills
• A strong track record in Health and Safety management on projects
• Some regional travel will be required
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.