EY Senior Manager, IT Risk Assurance (ITRA Edmonton) in AB, Canada
Title: Senior Manager, IT Risk Assurance (ITRA Edmonton)
Job Number: EDM0009Q
- Financial Audit IT Integration – Execution of IT related audit procedures (including IT related procedures beyond ITGCs) in support of financial statement audits and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting (integrated and non-integrated audits).
- Internal Controls Attestations – Focus on providing an opinion on management’s assertion over business processes and controls including IT General Controls.
- Service Organization Controls Reporting (SOCR) – Audit procedures over organizational processes and controls, including Service Organizational Controls Reports including SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3 audits, including other standards.
- IT Internal Audit – Assisting a variety of clients with their Internal Audit requirements including, planning, risk assessment, execution and reporting of findings and observations.
- Work with the engagement team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and which addresses the risks inherent in the engagement.
- Brief the audit team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends.
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to bring value to clients.
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions to present to internal and external clients.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience (post-graduation) working as an auditor for a public accounting firm or have particular systems/technology experience to meet special needs
- Extensive experience in IT Audit methodologies relates to financial statement audit
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
- Possessing relevant accounting / audit designation(s) or working towards one (e.g. CPA, CIA, and/or CISA) is required.
- Proven ability to teach and develop junior staff increasing their knowledge base related to IT auditing.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment