Gordon Food Service Warehouse Night Order Selector (avg. $26.60/hr after yr 1*) Edmonton, AB in AB, Canada
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do!
Who is Gordon Food Service? Overview of Warehouse Career
Warehouse Night Order Selector: Edmonton, Alberta
Shift: 9:00pm to 5:00am (5 x 8 hour shifts) -FULL TIME ONLY
Summary:Individuals are responsible for quickly and accurately selecting and scanning food products from all warehouse zones (grocery, cooler and frozen). During selection, the product must be correctly built onto a pallet and prepared for shipping according to customer demands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lifting, loading and stacking food service products (up to 60lbs) onto pallets
- Safely and efficiently navigating the warehouse using a power pallet jack
- Accurately scanning and selecting product using a computerized inventory system
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations, and Food Safety programs
- Adhering to all Organizational policies, procedures, and cornerstone values
- Additional loading, shipping and/or stocking duties
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be physically fit and able to safely and repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items
- Must be able to work quickly and maintain a high level of energy throughout the shift
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
- A high school diploma is preferred
- Must be able to work in multiple temperature zones including cooler (0oC to 4oC) and freezer (-20oC to -30oC) environments
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times in the warehouse.
Starting Wage:$19.25/hr + $0.60/hr Night Premium + weekly productivity incentives
*Average Wage after 1 year is calculated by adding the hourly wage after 12 months, the night shift differential, and the minimum incentive for eligible order selectors.
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!
Excellence in Distribution (Our History) #AlwaysAtYourTable
Canadian Stewardship Report Habitat for Humanity
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Warehouse