Waste Management Account Manager - Oil & Gas in Alberta, Canada
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
A person who knows how to build and cultivate both relationships and opportunities. You turn customers from good to great, have a phenomenal referral network and have had success gaining loyalty from your exceptional level of customer service and rapport building abilities. You are approachable, collaborative and a team player. You are an innovator and continually looking for ways to grow your existing accounts and relationships in order to expand both your customer base and profitable revenue. We are looking for a driven individual to join our team with strong work ethic and a positive can-do attitude. If this sounds like you, the technical info is listed below.
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current Waste Management customers. Manages existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers. The Account Manager will “save, secure, and convert” by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service within the defined territory will be resolved through this position.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Managing business to business sales relationships
- Developing detailed proposals encompassing multiple services
- Researching aspects of the waste and environmental services business
- Attending conferences/symposiums as a means of networking and staying current with industry-and market-related information
- Assignment management
- Building trusting relationships
- Providing high-impact Communication
- Developing techniques for identifying and managing new business opportunities
- Developing techniques for identifying and responding to objections
- Able to identify pertinent Local, Provincial, and/or Federal government regulations
- Responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers only
- Manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database
- Devising sales approaches and solutions
- Marshalling resources
- Sales negotiation
- Sales opportunity analysis
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 1 years of relevant work experience in direct business-to-business sales, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Involved in relevant industry associations (I.E., Pulp and Paper, Petro Chemical, Manufacturing)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Ability to convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills required.
General Competencies Include:
- Comprehensive understanding of the industry (production phases, by products produces, waste, etc.)
- Primary experience in large solid waste and recycling customers
- Able to create solutions that involve 3rd parties
- Experience in working in light manufacturing environments
- Techniques for identifying and managing new business opportunities
- Techniques for identifying and responding to objections
- Techniques for bypassing “Gatekeepers”
- Understands the competitive landscape in the local area
- Understands “Green” influences and sustainability
- Analyze and solve problems
- Conduct formal presentations
- Able to design customized solutions that address more than just waste services
- Recognizes relationship networks, stake holder influence and strategic value
- Excellent business and communication skills
- Understands how to analyze sales trend data
- Understands how to calculate price and amounts such as discounts
- Basic software and web-based applications
- Active Learning
- Sales Disposition
- Motivational Fit
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: Office setting/Field
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Account Manager - Oil & Gas
Requisition ID: 16016532