Waste Management Junior Outside Sales Representative in Alberta, Canada
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
A person who makes business development happen and look easy while doing it! You are likely an extroverted personality, get a thrill out of the “hunt” and confident in front of new people. You have a successful track record, good business acumen and an understanding of how to articulate a value proposition with poise. You have a sense of urgency, innately find and assess an opportunity in order to find a solution specific to your customer’s needs.
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management services to small and/or less complex commercial accounts in an assigned territory/segment. Responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve sales revenue goal by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new commercial customers only.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with the Outside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
• Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
• Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for new sales.
• Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
• Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Uses in depth industry and company knowledge, prepares complex proposals and makes recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education:Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of sales experience.
- Experience:1 year of work experience in direct sales, cold calling, and phone based prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments (in addition to education requirement.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
Internal requirements include 2 years of proven success in a non-exempt inside sales position.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
General Competencies Include:
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Title: Junior Outside Sales Representative
Requisition ID: 16017124