Waste Management Major Account Manager in Alberta, Canada
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current Waste Management major accounts. Manages existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- “Saves, secures, and converts” by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during face-to-face interactions.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction for major accounts. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicates to and works with the
- Retention Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Reduces lost major accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.
- Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability.
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, provincial and federal regulations.
- Updates and secures customer service agreements.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relative work experience.
Experience: 5 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), of progressive and successful business-to-business sales.
Large account management experience.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Ability to convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills required. General Competencies Include:
Communicate With Impact
Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
Focus On Customers
Influence and Negotiate
Plan and Organize
Use Ethical Practices
Problem solving skills
Proficient with computer and software applications
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Major Account Manager
Requisition ID: 16016809