HSBC Officer, Corporate Banking in Alberta, Canada
Servicing Support will provide CMB relationship managed clients with a single point of contact for all CMB client servicing and query resolution needs, completing requests that can be done or handing them off to the relevant execution team where appropriate
The job holder contributes to the support Relationship Managers (RM) and enables them to deliver the optimum contribution towards the CBC Annual Operating Plan (AOP), improve client engagement, maximise operational efficiency and allow the RMs to spend more time with clients and grow income.
They will work closely with the RM supporting delivery of a professional relationship management service to customers, prospective customers and professionals. The job holder is required to provide high quality service to his/her internal and external customers; taking ownership and completing all tasks in a timely manner This supports the bank’s long-term strategy to lead business by establishing and maintaining long term relationships with businesses, treating customers fairly, identifying their needs, delivering solutions to meet those needs and providing an excellent customer service.
Impact on the Business
- Receive and action direct account maintenance requests, including additional credit, debit and business card requests and limit amendments, account closer, minor amends to mandates for existing directors etc.
- Receive and coordinate non-NTB account opening, including deposit accounts, 2nd business accounts, FX accounts, Money Markets
- Coordinate in/outbound global account maintenance requests including mandate changes, collation of tariffs/account details and document management for LER etc.
- Action customer queries including statement requests, account transfers, payments (by exception only), SO/DD set-up & amendments and audit letter receipt and instruction
- Initiate and coordinate client and RM investigations, including complaints, charges and payments
- Respond to customer queries, including FX rate requests, status updates
Screen and quality assure client documentation before forwarding to SD or 3rd parties for execution Customers / Stakeholders
Liaise and work with CMB team(s) to ensure best possible experience and outcomes for customers, employees and the Bank
- Act as a vital contact of the Bank for the client.
Good interaction with the team within CMB, Service Delivery, Case Management and across the wider Bank Leadership & Teamwork
Ensure clarity and accuracy when conveying information to management
- Strive to complete work to meet agreed deadlines
- Ensure effective and continuous dialogue within the CMB team(s)and GSD colleagues.
- Demonstrate courageous integrity
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand. Operational Effectiveness & Control
Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures in team
- Ensure the application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimise business and reputational risks
- Support the delivery of efficient, accurate and timely processing of clients requests and transactions
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned. Major Challenges
Supporting the team to support the delivery of income and growth.
- Supporting implementation of changes and initiatives within CMB or front office support teams in a timely manner.
Ensuring focus on delivering the requirements of the role and maintaining close links with stakeholders. Role Context
The role is a part of the front office team and supports the Rms in providing exceptional customer service whilst delivering income growth, improving efficiencies and embracing Corporate initiatives.
The role holder will operate within the Bank’s risk and operational guidelines and is responsible for ensuring that organisational standards are maintained and that the Banks policies and procedures are adhered to throughout CMB in order to mitigate risk.
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department. Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Compliance. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- KNOWLEDGE *
Knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services
- Appreciation of the changing economic, social and governmental environment in Canada
Knowledge of international business and various industry sectors
- EXPERIENCE *
Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
Appreciation of a client focused environment
- SKILLS *
Strong customer service and team skills
- Motivated to develop skills and capabilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess interpersonal skills
- Possess planning, organisation and time management abilities
- Commercial awareness
Job: *Commercial Banking
Title: Officer, Corporate Banking
Requisition ID: 00008HIE