Cosma International Manager, Special Projects (14 Month Contract) in Aurora, Ontario
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Corporate Accounting department is responsible for all the North American Corporate entities, as well as the accounting for activities of the Head Office campus. In addition, this office is charged with coordinating global Corporate reporting and allocation of Corporate charges to various regions.
This position will be responsible for continuing on a number of new initiatives, aimed at strengthening internal reporting, improving processes and identifying areas for improvement. The successful candidate will be able to work independently while motivating change, both within the department as well as throughout the organization.
- Working with foreign Corporate offices to standardize monthly functional reporting and establish global Corporate reporting standards
- Assisting with reconciliation and updating of the Corporate Charge Allocation model complete with group presentation on metrics and true-up roll-out
- Assisting in the coordination of the quarterly forecasting & annual budget processes including:working with functional managers to create, review and consolidate forecast & budget templates
- Consolidating files from different stakeholders
- Loading and reviewing files in HFM (Hyperion Financial Management)
- Development of a Corporate consolidated management report
Knowledge and Education
- Post secondary education in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office, Hyperion Financial Management and AccPac (or similar accounting software) considered an asset
- Professional accounting designation with 2 – 5 years post designation experience
Skills and Competencies
- Strong time management and problem solving skills required
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently while providing support & analysis to the Corporate Accounting team
- Attention to detail and self motivated
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Highly organized
- Standard office environment
- Some travel may be required
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna Canada
Job Type: Fixed-term Contract