Tetra Tech Civil 3D Designer in BC, Canada
Title: Civil 3D Designer
Job Number: 71900000059
CIVIL 3D DESIGNER
Be part of a team that thinks long-term about you!
Tetra Tech OGD is a multi-discipline team of specialists geared toward providing superior frontline consulting engineering services. With a progressive business like ours, it is important to be innovative with your thinking and committed to embracing new ideas. Long-term planning means acting quickly today. When it comes to engaging the best talent, we know that respect goes a long way. Our environment is one where your contribution counts and you have the opportunity to make a real impact. If you thrive in a collaborative, professional atmosphere, you’ll enjoy a strong sense of camaraderie among our talented team.
Reporting to the Discipline Manager, the successful candidate will work with other Tetra Tech team members in the delivery of company project initiatives related to civil engineering design and drafting. The ideal candidate enjoys working as a team player in an office environment and seeing the work followed-through during onsite visits.
• Produce civil engineering 3D models and 2D construction drawings using AutoCad and/or Microstation software for industrial civil infrastructure such as access roads, road crossings, grading, site plan/profiles, drainage, civil utilities, cross-sections, details, foundations, as well as produce material quantity take offs
• Manipulate and manage electronic survey data received from others for the purposes of design and drafting
• Organize electronic and hardcopy drawing and related data files
• Determine project design requirements including layouts, client design standards and specifications
• Ensure work is checked in accordance with Tetra Tech and Client Standards & Procedures
• Adhere to all health and safety policies and guidelines of Tetra Tech and the client
• Site visits to collect field information. Travel may be required with occasional one day trips
• Three to five years of related experience
• Must have working knowledge of earthworks and road design suitable for industrial applications
• Experience in 3D computer modelling and 2D drawing production using both AutoCad Civil 3D and Bentley Microstation / InRoads
• Ability to collaborate with multidiscipline stakeholders and lead 3D modelling development
• Able to work with flexibility while maintaining high standards and quality work
• Strong interpersonal skills required for internal team interfaces and client liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Well organized and able to work independently
• Capable of working in a fast paced environment on project ranging from studies to detailed design
• Work experience in the heavy industrial, infrastructure or transportation sectors considered an asset
• A Diploma in Applied Science Technology and/or training in 3D computer modeling
This position will be located in our Downtown Vancouver office at 1000-885 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver, BC
Think Tetra Tech OGD.
Tetra Tech OGD is a dynamic, multi-discipline team of specialists with a different approach to consulting engineering. We focus on building long-term relationships with our clients by combining the intimate front-line service of a small consulting firm with the depth of experience of a larger company. Tetra Tech OGD has provided engineering services to industry for over 35 years and as part of the Tetra Tech family, is now exposed to an even more diverse array of projects.
We continually help build and strengthen our community by encouraging social activities and promoting health and wellness amongst our team.
• Stable, challenging and satisfying work
• Excellent benefits package
• Competitive compensation
• Professional Development
• Active and engaging corporate culture
• Focused on work life balance