Gordon Food Service Customer Technology Specialist in BC, Canada
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Customer Technology Specialist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Help train our sales team and customers nation-wide to make the most of our eCommerce tools.
Gordon Food Service is looking for a
Customer Technology Specialist to join their Team.
We're a company with integrity at its core. We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. And because of this collaboration, we've created an atmosphere that'sfun, supportive, and alive with energy!
At Gordon Food Service Canada Inc., our continued focus on quality and exceptional service has made us one of Canada’s largest food service distributors. Based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan and founded in 1897 Gordon Food Service is a successful, family-oriented company. We are proud to offer our employees career advancement with training and comprehensive benefits.
In this technology support position, you will serve as a key contact to our sales representatives to ensure they're skilled and efficient with promoting and using our eCommerce and eBusiness tools to drive adoption in the market. You'll rely on scheduled sales team meetings, adoption metrics, marketing materials and other venues to educate our sales people so they can promote the value of our tools and support our customers in their usage of them. Based in Vancouver, BC, this national position reports to the Director, Digital Experience in Grand Rapids, Michigan and involves travel (up to 50%) across Canada and to the United States (valid passport required).
As a Customer Technology Specialist (sales team trainer), you will:
• Promote and conduct training on eBusiness and eCommerce services and products to sales teams.
• Work with sales and marketing directors and managers to develop and execute an engagement schedule for consistent training sessions and knowledge share opportunities.
• Collaborate with digital product leaders, product communications and marketing teams to identify and develop sales enablement and eBusiness / digital tools.
• Ensure understanding of the tools' role throughout the sales cycle.
• Act as the eBusiness / eCommerce subject matter expert for our digital tools and products as you collaborate with sales training teams to create training materials.
• Serve as the eBusiness / eCommerce subject matter expert for sales and assist as needed in determining customer needs and matching the needs to the appropriate tools and services.
• Champion our eBusiness / eCommerce products and their functionality and be the advocate for customer usage.
• Work with digital product leaders to gather sales and customer feedback aimed at making improvements to existing, and implementing new, products and services.
• Assist sales teams with presenting and training key customer accounts on our eBusiness / eCommerce tools.
• Work with internal teams to plan and execute the roll out of new products and features to sales teams.
• Collaborate on creating demonstration booths and presentations at food show events.
Skills and Qualifications
While a background in Business Administration, Marketing or related field is preferred, an equivalent combination of education, training or relevant work experience will also be considered. In addition to four years' experience in a sales support, sales engineer / technologist, training or marketing communications position, you have:
● Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong presentation skills (face to face, webinars and video)
● Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel (spreadsheet), Google applications, Power Point presentation software, Gmail and internet software applications, along with the technology and tools associated with E-business
● The ability to provide an excellent level of customer service
● The ability to work independently and in a team environment
● Fluency in French is an asset
Experience with assisting in planning video, demo and tutorial stories would be an asset.
What We Value, You Value:
We are committed to building a strong relationship with our local community through our partnership with Habitat for Humanity. In addition we have numerous green initiatives in place to help support and build a cleaner and greener tomorrow!
What we offer:
● Annual profit sharing
● Comprehensive flexible benefits program
● Company matched retirement program
● Company discounts on products
● Training programs and career advancement opportunities
● And much more!
To apply for this opportunity, please submit an application quoting Job #117793 by 4:00 pm December 12, 2016.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN POSTED INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Servcie customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!Click herefor more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Job Category: eBusiness