Tetra Tech Manager- British Columbia Environment and Water Practice in BC, Canada
Title: Manager- British Columbia Environment and Water Practice
Job Number: 70400000179
Explore a different kind of company - one that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the Mining, Energy, Transportation and Development sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
From our roots as Tetra Tech EBA, and now Tetra Tech, we have progressively expanded since our inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 700 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices predominantly across western and northern Canada. We are a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 4,000 employees working from over 50 offices across the country, and over 14,000 employees worldwide.
is looking for a highly experienced individual to play a leading role in our expanding practice in British Columbia.
The Manager – British Columbia will lead a diverse group of project managers, environmental engineers, technologists and scientists.
The Manager will be responsible for managing staff and client relationships, and facilitating staff career development while maintaining accountability for the financial performance of the region.
The incumbent will work closely with the Tetra Tech Environment and Water Practice managers of other regions as well as with all of Tetra Tech’s other practices.
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with the Senior Vice President – Environment & Water, and with the Managers for the Southern Alberta, Northern Alberta & NWT and Yukon & Northern BC Regions.
• Building and leading a team of technical and professional staff delivering environmental site assessment and remediation, compliance and conformance auditing, biophysical inventories, baseline assessments, impact assessments and permitting projects, with a special focus on the growth of the contaminated sites and remediation practice.
• Recruiting and selecting exceptionally talented staff and developing their careers.
• Inspiring a team to high standards of excellence and continuous improvement.
• Leading and collaborating in the writing of proposals.
• Leading the development of accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables for high quality project execution.
• Contributing to identifying, developing and securing new business opportunities and marketing activities.
• Contributing to ongoing project management best practice implementation.
• Developing a team that consistently meets or exceeds our clients’ expectations.
• Developing and maintaining a presence as a practice leader in the industry through participation in professional and sector organizations.
• Remaining current on general trends in the technical field and market sector nationally and internationally.
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in an environmentally related discipline.
• Proven managerial experience.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience managing multi-disciplinary teams to successfully execute large-scale environmental projects.
• A thorough technical knowledge of Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation and an understanding of other environmental disciplines are required.
• Proven experience with relevant regulatory requirements and processes in British Columbia.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of the consulting business.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
• Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills.
• Competence in contracting, project accounting and financial management tools.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, handling multiple job priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines.
• Assertive with excellent people management skills and the ability to manage by influence.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Problem solver and holistic thinker with a planning orientation.
• Self-motivated and resourceful.
• Ability to be comfortable with and adapt to continuous project change.
• Results-driven and career-focused individual, who thrives on the success and growth of the company and culture.
• Additional specialized courses in business management, project management, conflict management and negotiation will be an asset.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of the Vancouver area).
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a generous benefit package and shareholding opportunities in our parent company Tetra Tech.
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.