The Mosaic Company Safety Specialist in Belle Plaine, Saskatchewan
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Safety Specialist our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for leading the security group, coordinate the Health Centre P.P.E. stock and budgeting of vendor managed inventory. They will be responsible for ensuring site safety equipment inspections are being completed. In addition they will be assisting in the implementation of safety directives, life critical standards, orientations, and sites policies and procedures.
What will you be working on?
- Directly supervise and schedule the contract security guards. Responsible for all budgeting and leadership of the site security group. Maintain safety checks on site safety equipment, emergency vehicle (Ambulance) and fire extinguisher repair shop. Maintain the security camera system, accountability system, area access requirements. (FOBS), site waste barrel compound; labels, deliveries and stock.
- Assist in the implementation of safety directives, life critical standards, and sites policies and procedures.
- Directly coordinate the Health Centre P.P.E. stock, respirator fit testing records, and A&D testing. Responsible for all budgeting and costs associated with the the Health Centre vendor managed inventory.
- Assist in and lead AON Incident investigations, root cause analyses, case management, orientations, and recommending corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain security programs, standard operating procedures and task safety analysis.
What is required for this role?
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
- Construction Safety Officer (CSO) and/or OH&S Diploma/Degree, OH&S Certification as outlined under the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety is a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience directly in a safety position or a combination of Occupational Health and Safety Training or 5-7 years of work experience preferably in an operations environment.
- Able to make decisions in a fast paced high energy environment.
- Manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Be a member of the on call schedule.
- Have an extensive knowledge of Government Legislation and Company safety requirements. Employee must be able to lead accident/incident investigations, perform hazard assessments, and have experience with the development and implementation of Health and Safety Management systems.
- ISNetworld, AON, MS Office including; Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Must be able to lead and execute under limited supervision.
- Must have the ability to develop strategies that align with the site, PBU and Mosaic Health and Safety goals.
- Communication skills are critical to this position.
- The individual must have strong personal integrity and be a people leader that fosters teamwork between the site and contractors.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.