CCAC Care Coordinator- Child and Family in Brampton, Ontario
Care Coordinator- Child and Family
If you are a Registered Nurse, an Occupational Therapist, a Physiotherapist, a Speech-Language Pathologist or a Certified Social Worker in Ontario, we would like you to become part of our team. As a Care Coordinator, you will act as a liaison between your clients and the various health care providers they need to achieve optimal health, independence and dignity. Drawing on your knowledge of health services, and working from a laptop computer, you will conduct face-to-face or telephone assessments and help your clients navigate through the complexities of the health care environment. This will involve explaining relevant services, and coordinating and monitoring their implementation. You will be there to facilitate every step of your clients’ health care experience, linking them with the right information and helping them understand and manage their short- and long-term health care goals. As a Care Coordinator, you will enjoy freedom and flexibility, but, most of all, you will get to see the results of your efforts – every step of the way.
Care Coordinators with a focus on child and family working in the office setting
• At least 1 year of relevant experience as a Registered Nurse (BScN or diploma), a Physiotherapist, an Occupational Therapist, a Speech-Language Pathologist or a Social Worker (MSW)
• Membership in good standing with a regulatory body in Ontario
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, decision-making and assessment skills
• Ability to work independently and co-operatively in a busy, multidisciplinary situation
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment
• Community-based positions also require a valid driver’s licence and full access to a reliable vehicle for home visits
• For some positions, previous experience working with client groups, including, but not limited to: multicultural, homeless, palliative, acquired brain injury (ABI), mental health, geriatrics, paediatrics
• For some positions, the ability to speak a second language
WHO WE ARE
Each year, over 600,000 people count on the Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) of Ontario as their single point of access for community services. At the heart of our success is a highly skilled group of 3,500 Case Managers / Care Coordinators who play a pivotal role in helping our clients navigate the complexities of the health care system.
Employees at the Central West CCAC enjoy a competitive compensation package which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
HOW TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please APPLY ONLINE. All applications will be reviewed. Applications received on-line are monitored regularly and will be processed quickly. Applications using other means (fax: 905 796-7057 or e-mail: email@example.com) require manual review and will be processed within 30 days. Please note that this fax number is only to be used for recruitment purposes.
The Central West Community Care Access Centre is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
Most Community Care Access Centres of Ontario are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act. We provide services in French and encourage applications from French-speaking candidates.
Key word search: CWCCAC, case manager
System ID: 2016-3386
Job Type (EN): Contract
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Healthcare and Medical Services
Career Level (EN): Experienced
External Company Name: CCACs of Ontario
External Company URL: www.ccac-ont.ca