Regional Municipality of Peel Technical Assistant, Traffic Operations in Brampton, Ontario
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
To learn more about the Region of Peel please visit our website or watch the Faces of Peel video to see how our employees impact the residents of Peel.
Technical Assistant, Traffic Operations
Duration: approximately thirteen (13) months
Public Works - Transportation
Reporting to the Supervisor of Traffic Operations, you will be responsible for conducting studies, analyzing data and providing technical and administrative assistance to the Traffic Operations group
• Coordinate, review and analyze data for traffic studies and reports
• Assist in managing the annual traffic count program working with various contractors
• Responsible for managing the Miovision contract and the deployment of the region’s camera or on demand service
• Verify contractor invoices and submit final copies for supervisor approval
• Create new purchase orders through Peoplesoft Financials
• Responsible for the organization and deployment of the Regions radar trailers
• Facilitate special count requests and technical data for internal and external contacts
• Respond to resident complaints regarding traffic related issues and conduct necessary studies
• Manage the organization and storage of electronic traffic reports
• Successful completion of a degree/diploma in Transportation Engineering Technology
• Minimum of one (1) year experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
• Solid knowledge and understanding of the Highway Traffic Act, the Ontario Traffic Manuals and other relevant legislation
• Superior time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong public relation, communication and administrative skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated strong judgment, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Must possess a valid Class "G" license in good standing and daily access to a vehicle
Compensation: Band 4 as per non union salary structure
Location: One (1) contract full-time – 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B, Brampton
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week – Monday through Friday with some overtime and weekend work required
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..
System ID: 2016-6551
Position Type and Status: Contract Full-time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Business and Professional Services
Career Level (EN): Experienced
Post End Date: 12/6/2016