Fortive Corporation District Manager & Trainer in British Columbia, Canada
District Manager & Trainer
Matco Tools is a manufacturer and distributor of quality, professional grade automotive equipment, tools and toolboxes. Over 13,000 products are sold to customers through franchise business owner/manager mobile tool operators. Matco employs approximately 525 associates in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada and reported record financial results for 2015.
Founded in 1946 with headquarters in Stow, Ohio, Matco Tools is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, and has revenues in excess of $400 million. Matco distributors operate in all 50 states, as well as in Canada and Puerto Rico. Matco Tools was ranked as the #1 Tool Distribution franchise in 2010 by Entrepreneur Magazine and recognized as Best Automotive Franchise in 2009 by Franchise Business Review. Matco offers its franchise owners industry-leading training, on-going field support, pre-identified customers, and in-house financing. Those thriving in an innovative, supportive, energized organization where continuous learning is the norm will find themselves well rewarded.
POSITION SUMMARY: Are you often told you have an amazing ability to inspire others, helping lead them to greatness, all with uncompromising personal integrity? If you possess these personal qualities then consider being an Automotive Sales Manager (District Manager / Trainer.) You'll introduce qualified individuals to our Tool Franchise and help existing Tool Franchise owner/entrepreneurs achieve their dreams for them, their family and their future. Capitalize on your past sales, automotive, sales manager, district manager, sales management, tool, franchise, and/or business ownership experience. In addition you (Trainer) will be responsible for providing initial and continuation training on business strategies, sales training, customer relations, computer skills, handling warranty and non-warranty item returns, and route operations for all new franchise distributors in your District. Additional responsibilities include ongoing training and retention activities with existing distributors to drive distributor longevity. The position requires skill in training individuals who vary in background and experience level. Position requires a process driven mindset. National and international travel is a specific characteristic of this position. Fantastic earnings potential, autonomy, and strong support, it's all here for a Matco Tools District Manager / Trainer. Help Deliver the Dream!
• The district for this position can be located in the British Columbia, area
• Providing daily coaching to 1 of 15 mobile automotive tool distributors/franchisee owners in the field on pre-scheduled customer route sales calls
• Offering ongoing sales and business management coaching support to other distributors
• Analyzing business data prior to sales calls to guide performance, achieve sales goals, and improve overall operations
• Surveying, recruiting, and qualifying potential franchisee prospects for open territories
• Presenting, handling objections, selling Matco's Tool Distribution Franchise to prospects
• Communicating with corporate customer service, financial services, sales, and other departments, often operating as a liaison between the franchisee and corporate
• Completing formal business reviews, identifying direct cause and effect, providing countermeasures and recommending implementation of specific, detailed actions
• Using MS Office for sales management purposes, tracking sales results, and automotive tool, franchisee sales presentations
• Provide one-on-one coaching methods using the Matco Business System (MBS) including but not limited to MDBS (software), sales, customer service, product promotions, and business management to new franchise distributors.
• Ownership of the New Distributor Training Playbook and all requirements through week 4 continuation training, which includes training details, distributor feedback, recommendations, and saving to CRM.
• Review and follow-up with RM, Field Training Supervisor, Manager of Training with any issues that arise.
• Report on progress of new franchise distributors to field management and associates in Stow -
• Provide targeted performance improvement coaching on all aspects of business in order to promote success and longevity.
• Provide focused support to existing distributors who require follow-up assistance by conducting MBS Tune-up training, and other programs such as Time Payment (TP) Blasts, and Big Ticket Blasts with written follow-up per each SOP.
• Conduct product inventories and assist with inventory recovery on any financed distributors they started.
• Provide franchise lead generation training to new franchise distributors.
• Utilizing the Regional Sales Manager, District Sales Managers and other Matco sales management professionals to achieve your "Ride, Recruit, and Retain," goals
-Train new Distributors across Canada as need be
• 5 years of sales experience required; field/route sales experience, sales management, automotive tool franchise, and/or self-employed business ownership is a plus
• High School Diploma is required; Bachelor's degree is desirable for advancement
• Must have the ability to receive product at home to be able to bring to monthly Sales Meetings that you host with your franchisees
• Enjoys working from home, using company laptop with a wealth of tools and resources
• Able to navigate one's territory, possessing a valid driver's license and insurance
• Has the ability to travel up to 5 hours a day, in territory, as needed and internationally when needed for sales conferences
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and strong sales coaching ability
• Highly disciplined, independent, entrepreneurial, confident, well organized self-starter
• Humble, tenacious, professional, leader with uncompromising personal integrity
• Basic MS Office knowledge is required; intermediate proficiency is a big help
• Able to lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 60 lbs.
• The position is a salaried, full-time position plus a bonus stgructure that requires a minimum of 40 hours per week and may require more depending upon circumstances and your personal goals and objectives
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Primary Location: North America-Canada-British Columbia
Req ID: MAT001510