HSBC Personal Banker in British Columbia, Canada
Employment Type: Regular
To provide superior customer service, sales, operational administration, and risk controls meet customer needs across multiple distribution channels.
Impact on the Business
- Perform a variety of sales and service activities to retail, Advance, Premier and Business Banking customers, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Put emphasis on counter services, risk operation and control
- Recognize opportunities by making referrals for client conversion, acquisition of new account relationships and or cross and up-sell of HSBC products and services that cross multiple distribution channels.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to area of specialty as well as using the appropriate centralized processes in place.
- Ensure compliance, security and fraud, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
Provide operational support to the business as required. Customers / Stakeholders
Identify and understand basic customer needs in order to complete transactions with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Act as first level escalation for handling customer inquiries.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Exceed customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. Leadership & Teamwork
Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs.
- Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales targets and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge and cross selling skills.
- Actively refer customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate Group capabilities.
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand. Operational Effectiveness & Control
Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures and effectively identifies and manages applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned. Role Context
Work is of low complexity and involves straightforward challenges.
- Work is performed under general direction according to set parameters and set sales / performance targets.
- Require some initiative and independent judgment in completing work, but supervisor provides direction for unfamiliar situations.
- Work is reviewed for attainment of standards, achievement of targets, adherence to policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Decisions may impact the productivity / performance of functional area, other employees and customer.
- May work in call center or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
May be required to travel within region to backfill other branch responsibilities. Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues. Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Secondary school graduation.
- Demonstrated experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player, development minded with ability to sell.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Basic knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Sound knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Ability to speak / understand Cantonese is required.
Job: *Customer Service
Title: Personal Banker
Location: Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Requisition ID: 00008HR7