Post Holdings Human Resource Manager in Burnaby, British Columbia
Human Resource Manager
Golden Boy Foods Ltd.(GBF) is a division of the Attune Food Group (AFG) with multiple manufacturing locations across North America. The Golden Boy Foods Company is structured as 2 business units; Fruit & Nut and Nut Butter shipping products to 25 of the 30
largest retailers in North America. The Fruit & Nut Business Unit is headquartered, along with its manufacturing facility, in Burnaby, British Columbia Canada. Golden Boy Foods operates 6 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada and continues to grow.
Golden Boy Foods Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Post Holdings Inc (POST: NYSE).
Currently our Fruit & Nut Business Unit, located in Burnaby, B.C. has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Human Resources professional. If you have a desire to be part of a growing company that is fast-paced and constantly striving to be the best, then we
are looking for you to help us accomplish our goals. The following is a snap-shot of the job description and does not include the entire scope of the position.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, and working collaboratively with the AFG Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will lead the human resources function of the Fruit & Nut Business Unit. In addition to those tasks typically required
within the human resources generalist function, the HR Manager will assume responsibility for all health and safety related tasks, assuring regulatory compliance for the Fruit & Nut BU. With a focus on quickly developing business relationships with internal
customers and external vendors, the manager will be expected to provide excellent service to employees and managers within Fruit & Nut.
• Establish effective working relationships and a business partnership based on trust, experience, and credibility, with their internal client group.
• Understand current and future needs of the Company in order to provide proactive, day-to-day HR support and services aligned to those needs.
• Become knowledgeable on Company policies, processes, and practices.
• Help to build/establish policies, processes and practices to assist the business and ensure effective operation of business.
• Support the employees by liaising with the departments to build an understanding of their objectives, proposing solutions and defining HR projects to implement those solutions.
• Initiate and successfully manage projects, ensuring projects are completed in a timely manner and resources (internal/external) are managed effectively.
• Manages employee relations programs and approaches; proactively works to understand the work environment and employees concerns. Partner with other plant leaders to drive employee engagement and involvement.
• Lead recruitment activities, as requested by management, assisting other business unit HR Managers when needed.
• Manage the recruiting process and develop innovative approaches to hire and retain the best talent.
• Assist and provide suggestions in the review of annual Employee Handbook updates.
• Effectively coordinate and manage the annual performance management process.
• Organizational planning in accordance with business needs. Including regular skills matrix update and review of annual training requirements.
• Training and development in accordance with required regulations and company certifications.
• Processing and review of human resources administrative tasks.
• Coaching and discussion on corrective action, including completion of corrective action forms.
• Effectively conduct investigations as needed. Manage the employee onboarding and exit processes.
• Administration of absences, and leaves, including correspondence and follow-up for long term leaves.
• Communication to employees of HR related matters and updates, as requested.
• Become the proficient alternate for payroll administration.
• Assist Payroll Administrator with employee support on pay and benefits issues.
• Monthly leadership of the JHSC meeting with follow-up of all WCSB matters, including LTA’s.
• Other projects and duties, as assigned.
• Preference given to a minimum of 7-10 years of progressively senior experience in Human Resources in the food industry.
• A seasoned generalist, able to deal effectively with a broad spectrum of HR & LR matters.
• Work experience may be complemented by post-graduate education in Human Resources or Business. CHRL is an asset.
• Proven knowledge of the labour and employment laws in B.C. is mandatory.
• Knowledge of labour and employment law in Ontario and some of the USA is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health & safety laws in B.C. with some US experience, preferred.
• Ability to travel freely throughout North American and maintain a valid driver’s license is a requirement.
• Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with internal business partners and maintain business relationships.
• Strong Presentation Skills and proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Some experience in collective bargaining and administering collective agreements, an asset.
• Passionate about meeting and exceeding goals and expectations.
• A high-energy/low maintenance inspiring leader who embraces change with a positive “can-do” attitude and an open and flexible style.
• Holding to high ethical standards and having solid values, you manage and motivate others with vision and passion, producing a high level of engagement and performance.
• Excellent communication and follow up skills at the level of a skilled HR professional
• Effective listener with strong coaching and facilitation skills and the ability to be persuasive.
• Have a high level of emotional intelligence.
• Bring an entrepreneurial instinct, being flexible, adaptable and resourceful, and not dependent on structure or established processes.
• An innovative and competent problem solver, who is energized by challenges, is decisive and thrives under pressure.
• A person who works well independently and as part of teams.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication in the English language.
Golden Boy Foods, a Div. of Post Holdings, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a
covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP