Schneider Electric Industrialization/Mechanical Engineer ( 6 Month Contract Position) in Burnaby, British Columbia
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for an innovative individual to assume a contract role of Industrialization Engineer in our Burnaby, BC facility. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the commercial production processes of a state of the art Solar Inverter products. This position reports to the* Industrialization Manager* in the Supply Chain / Operations Team.
- Creation of CAD models and detailed drawings needed for the development of tooling and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Detailed knowledge of principles in mechanical engineering to assess feasibility of design options.
- Design and modeling of parts given conceptual information from engineering team and Customers.
- Bachelors Degree or Technologist Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or manufacturing related discipline preferred.
- Requires a 2 year diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Preference given to those candidates with Solidworks/ProE 3D Modeling experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively to senior management.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Unposting Date: Dec 25, 2016, 12:59:00 PM
Req ID: 0035NS