Microsemi Corporation Principal Engineer, Product Design in Burnaby, British Columbia
Number of Positions: 1
Positions Filled: 0
Company: Microsemi - Canada
Position Title: Principal Engineer, Product Design
Requisition #: 4497
State: British Columbia
City / Town: Burnaby
Requisition Type: Regular
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift (days)
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Job Category: Engineering
Job Description: • Design and develop complex digital integrated circuits at the block, subsystem or device level ( 100K to 10M+ gates), which are coded in System verilog/VHDL
• Lead the team to define subsystem/block feature sets, define micro architecture, design and implement into engineering document and registers document
• Provide leadership and guidance to other members of the team and be able to lead the technical development effort of a small team of egineers.
• Work with the management team to determine schedule and effort of the development.
• Ability to perform and analyze the results of activities such as Formal Verification, design for Testability (DFT), synthesizing the hardware logic, and Static Timing Analysis
• Support FPGA emulation, ASIC lab validation including debugging in the lab, identifying the issues and providing workaround solutions
• Track down bugs and technical problems and work with the verification team to ensure timely resolution.
• Communicate regularly with the verification team in USA and India to resolve issues, communicate status and solve technical problems.
• Read and understand applicable communication protocol standards.
Qualifications: • BSEE (MSEE preferred)
• 15+ years related experience
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues.
• Excellent teamwork and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
• Proven ability to learn and adapt to new methodologies and technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Excellent scripting and programming skills. Experience using Verilog/VHDL is required and experience.
• Working knowledge with Design and Verification tools such as Design Compiler, Cadence NC-Sim, waveform viewers, and other similar tools.
• Working knowledge of ASIC design processes (design, verification, implementation, layout) and flows.
• Protocol knowledge and experience in PCI-Express, DDR, or NAND flash will be an asset