Microsemi Corporation Senior Product Design Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
Number of Positions: 1
Positions Filled: 0
Company: Microsemi - Canada
Position Title: Senior Product Design Engineer
Requisition #: 4480
State: British Columbia
City / Town: Burnaby
Requisition Type: Regular
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift (days)
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Job Category: Engineering
Job Description: • Support, debug and root cause product validation and/or customer issues in complex digital integrated circuits at the device level, which are coded in VHDL and/or Verilog.
• Read and interpret FW forensic data dumps and SAS/SATA traces.
• Develop FW workarounds to successfully resolve issues.
• Enhance internal engineering documentation and develop product errata to explain complex issues in easy to understand terms.
• Contribute to architectural and feature discussions for next generation IP development.
• Recreation of customers issues in simulation environment using Specman, System Verilog and UVM.
• Support FPGA emulation, ASIC lab validation including lab debug and providing logic modifications and workarounds.
• Communicate regularly with the team members in multiple locations to resolve issues, communicate status and solve technical problems.
• Read and understand applicable storage and computer interface protocol standards.
Qualifications: • Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years related experience
• Experience and understanding of complex ASIC design flows, including block and chip level simulation and debug, logic synthesis, static timing analysis, layout and revision control
• Working knowledge of design and verification tools such as Synopsys Design Compiler, Cadence Incisive, waveform viewers, or similar tools.
• Experience using VHDL and Verilog is required and experience with using System Verilog is desired.
• Experience with advanced verification methodologies, formal verification and UVM.
• Scripting and programming skills using csh, bash, perl, python, tcl, etc.
• Protocol knowledge and experience in SAS/SATA and/or PCI-Express will be an asset.
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English will be an asset
• Excellent teamwork and time management skills, self-direction, the ability to work under pressure and the desire to excel in a competitive environment