Microsoft Corporation Consumer Product Advisor - Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby, Canada
This job is eligible for Part-Time and Full Time Work
Technology enhances your life – your job should too. At Microsoft Retail Stores, that is what we believe. We are the hub of Microsoft’s cutting-edge devices and services, here to provide customers with a world-class, omni-channel experience in this evolving retail world. We serve as centers of innovation, connecting customers with technology that simplifies their lives and inspires their creative potential. As a member of the Microsoft Retail Stores team you will cultivate the skills to pave the way for your ultimate career path. Your unique talents, perspective, and abilities will help inform our journey and transformation as a company. We are seeking teammates who are dedicated to finding deeper meaning and purpose in their work. Join our journey – find your passion.
As a Microsoft Retail Consumer Product Advisor, you will serve as a friendly and insightful primary point of contact for our customers. Your goal is to build customer relationships through knowledge and discovery – knowledge of our technology and discovery of each individual customer’s needs in order to offer a tailored diagnosis and thorough solutions, earning the trust of customers and coworkers alike as you engage, educate, excite, and empower those around you.
• Help customers discover, enable and implement high-value Microsoft technology solutions and services across a broad range of devices that meet their individual needs and exceed their expectations.
• Consistently deliver high standards of sales and service, supporting the strategies of the Microsoft Retail organization.
• Listen to and understand customers stated and unstated needs.
• Present total solution offerings and sales support based upon each customer’s unique needs, both before and after the sale.
• Maintain expert-level product knowledge in all Microsoft retail products, devices and service offerings.
• Continuously learn through others, self-educate, share specialized knowledge and expertly demonstrate and present the newest product and service offerings across all devices.
• Collaborate with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to continue to build long-term relationships with all customers.
Additional Skills and Abilities Required
• Have a love for Microsoft, be a brand evangelist and have a deep understanding of Microsoft products (Windows, Office, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and services).
• Excellent time management skills and a high-level attention to detail.
• Lead by example, take pride in your work and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments and energizing people through your passion.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, public-facing environment driven to get results by directing a team.
• Flexibility with your schedule as hours will be based on business needs.
• 1+ year’s retail sales or customer service experience
• Experience selling consumer electronics or technology solution
• Proven success in metrics-driven, consultative sales environment.
• Previous technology/product/software teaching or training experience is a plus
• Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation, Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.