Aon Corporation Associate Broker; Power & Utilities - Calgary, AB (Job ID 2424438) in Calgary, Alberta
Aon Is Looking For An Associate Broker; Power & Utilities
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Power & Utilities Centre of Excellence within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Calgary, AB. As an Associate Broker, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President & National Power & Utilities Manager.
Your Impact As An Associate Broker; Power & Utilities
- Handle complex policy & coverage related questions from staff issuing Certificates of Insurance;
- Attend pre-renewal strategy meetings with Brokers, as required;
- Use Xpress to set up and handle abeyances in a timely fashion and in line with internal client expectations;
- Escalate Insurer issues and concerns to the Broker for resolution in accordance with our client’s needs;
- Day-to-day client servicing with assistance and mentorship from the assigned Brokers;
- Process mid-term policy changes from Insurers based on changes in the risk, as reported by the Account Executive team;
- Create draft submissions for all accounts at 120 days pre-renewal to be delivered to the Broker for review;
- Calculate complex premium, fees, adjustments and taxes and provide processing instructions to the invoicing team;
- Issue Manuscript Renewal Endorsements to be reviewed and signed off on by the Broker within 10 days of binding;
- In consultation with the Broker, review and request corrections to policy documents from the Insurer and follow-up for timely delivery of correct policy documents;
- Once Broker sign-off is obtained:
- Ensure that the policy documents are forwarded to Account Executive team with a detailed letter explaining all changes or enclosures;
- Advise the Account Executive of any changes/corrections which have been requested.
- Advise the Broking Coordinator when policies are released to the Account Executive team for Xpress updating;
- Abeyance for receipt of corrections where applicable and proactively manage follow-up with the Carrier;
- Deliver documents supporting policy changes or corrections to the Account Executive team on a proactive basis;
- Keep team members apprised of the status of the correction documents and escalate with the Carrier and Broker if document delivery is not within Aon standards;
- Maintain client files in accordance with Aon standards;
- Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Three (3) to five (5) years of commercial insurance experience required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive commercial insurance experience in a Broker or Marketer position would be preferred;
- Prior experience working with a multinational Brokerage would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience
- General Insurance Level One (1) License required;
- General Insurance Level Two (2) License preferred;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/21/16
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: Canada, AB, Calgary
Posted Date: 11/21/16