Aon Corporation Broking Coordinator; Commercial Insurance - Calgary, AB (Job ID 2424440) in Calgary, Alberta
Aon Is Looking For A Broking Coordinator; Commercial Insurance
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Commercial Insurance team within Aon Reed Stenhouse. As a Broking Coordinator, you will report directly to the Associate Broker & Broking Coordinator Supervisor.
Your Impact As A Broking Coordinator; Commercial Insurance
As a Broking Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing administrative support on large complex accounts and serve as the internal point of contact for all documentation flow from the internal brokers, accounts team, and underwriters. This role is responsible for reviewing, proofreading, and calculating adjustments of premiums on policies and other insurance documents. With our commitment to the delivery of Aon’s distinctive client value, your role will be focus on the following:
- Acting as the subject matter expert to all operational and procedural activities for the Broking Operations team;
- On assigned large complex accounts, you will be accountable for:
- Verify, prepare, review and issue invoices, endorsements, cover notes and certificates of insurance to ensure their accuracy and completion in support of the team’s service plan;
- Provide assistance to Brokers in preparing and submitting marketing proposals to underwriters;
- Processing new policies and policy renewals, changes, additions, deletions and cancellations;
- Composing and distributing routine correspondence;
- Calculating adjustments and premiums on policies and other insurance documents;
- Communicating directly with underwriters to follow up or obtain additional information;
- Reviewing & proofreading assignments, obtaining signatures & dispensing as appropriate;
- Under the direction of the Broker, reviewing policy documentation to ensure coverage requirements have been met;
- Assisting with the co-ordination of renewal meetings and required presentation materials with the Broker, client service team and the underwriters as required;
- Answering / screening incoming calls; handling general inquiries and take messages as needed;
- Providing training support and sharing of knowledge to members of the service team;
- Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Three (3) to five (5) years of insurance experience is required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Five (5) plus years of commercial insurance experience would be an asset;
- General insurance experience preferred.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience
- General Insurance Level One (1) License preferred; or a willingness to obtain within three (3) months;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2424440
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: Canada, AB, Calgary