Walmart Operations Supervisor in Calgary, Alberta
This position is responsible for supervising daily distribution center (DC) operations including scheduling, hiring and training of DC team members. Oversees day-to-day DC functions in one of the following areas: receiving, order filling, or shipping. Prioritizes daily workflow to ensure customer requirements are met. This position will report into the Operations Area Manager.
- Supervision of staff on a daily basis; ability to lead, motivate and manage a team; strong customer service orientation.
- Project support, including coordinating the requirements of a project plan; understanding and applying principles of project control; ability to manage projects within one or more systems.
- Ability to apply issue management skills and interpersonal skills including conflict management - problem solving and analytical decision making skills.
- Conducts daily start-up meetings; organizes daily assignments/workload to team members, and assigns duties accordingly. Understands when to adjust work assignments to meet daily production schedules.
- Trains team member’s in the proper execution of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and ensures they are followed.
- Maintains time and attendance, productivity, and quality records daily. Prepares and generates the daily productivity report for management. Monitors and reports on the key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Participates in the selection of operations team members.
- Initiates plans to motivate team members and administers performance management.
- Promotes an inclusive work environment through effectively communicating and interpreting Company policies.
- Maintains employment related programs and procedures, including health and safety, housekeeping, and cultural programs, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
Provides input into budget as required, and adheres to budget requirements.
Completion of grade 12 education or equivalent, complemented by previous experience in a warehousing coordination or lead-hand role.
- Completion of relevant post-secondary courses from a Business Management, Operations Management, or Inventory Control program would be considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge/understanding of shipping/receiving procedures including computerized systems for order fulfillment and inventory management.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Hazard Recognition, Material Handling Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Machine Guarding, and Electrical Safety.
- Organizational skills and maintaining accurate records.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Req ID: 764846BR
Canada Walmart Division: Distribution Centre
Canadian Cities: Calgary
Store Location: 4100 Westwinds Drive NR
Employment Type: Salaried FT