Walmart Planning and Continuous Improvement Manager in Calgary, Alberta
- Oversee the DC Labour Plan for the Region, leveraging campus environment to minimize labour and optimize productivity.
- Support DC start-ups through providing engineering and project management expertise, developing functional specification documentation, overseeing profile and layout and providing training as required.
- Ensure CI initiatives are adopted and maintained through effective change management & KPI tracking.
- Support the rollout and maintenance of Performance Visibility and Engineered Labour Standards. Develop and maintain reporting tools to assist operations in identifying and addressing problem areas
- Develop best practices and strategic solutions by leading internal and external project teams; driving collaboration with cross-functional teams and working closely with DC operations to provide business solutions; partnering with key vendors to develop business solutions; establishing project objectives; drive strategic and long-range plans to leverage utilization of existing material handling assets ($50+ million worth of conveyor and fleet of powered fork equipment); and communicate with and influencing key decision-makers and executives within the organization.
- Drive initiatives to reduce operating expenses and increase network capacity within the supply chain and enhance service by defining transformational change from concept to implementation; partner with key stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity; establishing value and priority; contribute to development of annual operating and capital budgets; develop return on investment (ROI) analysis and presentations to senior management for approval.
- Models compliance with Company policies and procedures and supports mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Responsible for identifying and implementing 10x salary annually in operational savings. Develop business case for capital projects (ROI on $0.5 - $15 million projects).
Post-secondary education minimum requirement Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years experience.
- A Professional Engineering License is required.
- Warehouse operations & design, supply chain management, labour productivity, financials and development of business cases
- General knowledge of Health and Safety including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Hazard Recognition, Material Handling Equipment, PPE, Machine Guarding, and Electrical Safety.
- Issue management skills including problem solving and trouble-shooting; information gathering including research, interpretation and analysis (i.e. client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.); and conflict management.
- Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed project plans.
- Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail; knowledge of mainframe applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
Job Title: Planning and Continuous Improvement Manager
Req ID: 762120BR
Canada Walmart Division: Engineering
Canadian Cities: Calgary
Store Location: Regional
Employment Type: Salaried FT