Cummins Inc. Project Management Leader in Calgary, Alberta
Cummins Sales and Service - Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com.
Ifyou are driven and motivated to become part of a dynamic team, our Calgarylocation has an opening for a Project Manager Leader. Reporting to the GeneralManager of Projects & Engineering, you will manage and lead projects teamcomplied of project managers and coordinators from completion to inception forWestern Canada’s growth plans.
Additionalresponsibilities are described below:
- Lead and direct team of projectmanagers and project coordinators for Power Generation and Engine business.
- Develop and maintain projectmanagement process flow and work instructions to manage the order.
- Ensure consistency in followingProject Management Principles for effective scope, schedule and costmanagement.
- Develop and implement functionalexcellence strategies and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop and maintain Crossfunctional alignment with functional groups.
- Training, coaching, skilldevelopment and career path planning for team members.
- Responsive to forecast revenue andmanage deliveries to meet the forecast.
- Lead cost management initiatives tobe within budget. Cost reduction and margin responsibility as important asdelivery.
- Develop and maintain tools forProject Management.
Conflict management and resolvingissues escalated by Project Managers or by other groups. Position Requirements:
Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering
- PMP Certification
- Experience in managing project management teams inpower generation or related industries
- Powergeneration, transmission or utility EPC (turnkey) project managementexperience
- Solid understanding of projects risk, schedule andscope management
- Strong knowledge in project planning and financialreporting & control
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of MS office, MS projects andability to learn a variety of Cummins Inc. software programs.This position will work Monday to Friday.Please note that any future shift changesthat may occur are made in accordance with the terms and conditions ofemployment.Cummins Sales andService - Western Canada offers a competitive wages and benefits package,employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development and careeradvancement. .
If you’re ready to turbocharge your career, submit yourresume by clicking “Apply Now” above! InternalClose Date: November 26, 2016 InternalCandidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as an internal candidate on theapplication questionnaire.
We thank all applicants, but onlythose selected for further consideration will be contacted.