Teavana Corp. Retail Team Member in Calgary, Alberta
Retail Team Member
Calgary Eaton Centre
Job Summary and Mission:
At Teavana we aspire to a life more flavorful, more colorful and more delicious. We are students of the world of tea—respecting its ancient traditions and reimagining them for new tea enthusiasts.
Teavana became part of the Starbucks family in 2012. Tea has always been part of Starbucks heritage—the company was founded as Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Spices in 1971. Our goal to share the vibrance of super-premium tea with more people is well underway.
And there are many opportunities for you to take part in it. The team member’s primary responsibility is to guide customers through the full Teavana journey and educate them about the world of tea. Acts in accordance with Teavana and Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Supports store sales growth through delivering personal and team sales goals, upselling, and suggestive selling to customers based on their needs.
• Follows the Enhanced Sales Process, fully executing each step to ensure each customer experiences the Tea Journey that meets their needs as defined by the customer type.
• Responsible for providing a positive customer service experience and sampling.
• Follows Teavana operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
• Provides quality beverages, consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe standards and provides samples according to recipe specification.
• Responsible for keeping beverage station cleaned, stocked and organized at all times.
• Reports any supply needs to Operations Team Lead. Assists in maintaining visual displays per standards and reports discrepancies to the Visual Team Lead.
• Maintains, rotates, dates, and organizes back stock according to plan.
• Ensures proper handling of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets of back stock, under stock and over stock.
• Ensures proper storage and organization of all stock at all times and reports any issues to Operations Team Lead.
• Maintains visual integrity and brand image of Teavana promotions by ensuring store cleanliness and restocking product per the visual merchandising guidelines.
• Remains compliant with daily cleaning according to cleaning schedule and best practices.
Summary of Experience:
• No previous experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
• Ability to sell and increase sales in a retail environment.
• Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages, cash handling and store safety and security.
• Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
• Ability to receive feedback and coaching.
• Ability to build relationships and work as part of a team.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to create a positive work environment.
Send This Job to a Friend
For US Job Seekers
Starbucks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression,
or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of ones employment, including hiring,
transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. EEO is the Law.
It is Starbucks policy that after October 1, 2014, all new hires shall be subject to an arbitration agreement as a condition of employment.
We have made changes to our Privacy Statement, effective May 6, 2016. These changes are designed to (a) make the Privacy Statement easier to read
and understand and (b) provide you with more information about and control over the data collected on the site about you.
To view the Privacy Statement Click Here.