Veritiv WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST in Calgary, Alberta
SHIFT: 5pm - 1:30 am
Job Summary and Scope :
The Warehouse Specialist is a self-motivated team player who can be an active part of our Distribution department in the areas of picking, shipping and stocking.
- Receive/put away stock,
- Unload trucks,
- Ensure that stock is unloaded safely, accurately and efficiently,
- Report any discrepancies to the Lead Hand and/or Operations Manager,
- Assist with daily warehouse housekeeping tasks,
- Report all product or bin sizing errors to the Inventory Verifier using the Bin Location Report Form,
- Perform Daily Circle Checks on material handling equipment before being used and complete the Daily Circle Check Form,
- Successfully complete any material handling courses that are required to be taken, and,
- Able to work extended hours, which may be required from time to time.
Required Skills :
- Certified to operate all MHE (Material Handling Equipment),
- Familiar with ISO Policies and Procedures would be an asset,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Computer literate and knowledge of WMS systems an asset,
- Good communication skills required (able to read, write and speak English),
- Self motivated, dependable and reliable,
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment,
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member,
- Good decision making skills and ability to work independently, and,
- Able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Required Experience/Education :
- Secondary School Graduate or related experience,
- Previous warehousing experience required.
Veritiv is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to gender, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any characteristic protected by law.
Requisition ID: R13073