Invesco Team Lead, Application Support in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary): The primary role of this position is to manage a team of 4-6 people in the support of Invesco’s Investment Applications. This person must possess strong technical, people management, communication, and critical thinking skills. It is a position that is important and unique in that it faces both internal business partners and technology professionals assisting with implementing tools and processes to achieve viable, appropriate, and sometimes market leading solutions to business problems.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Lead, develop, and motivate staff through regular mentoring, training, and communication
- Recruit, train, supervise, and conduct performance reviews for staff
- Lead continuous improvement opportunities for team processes and procedures
- Represent the IT Services Department at team meetings and/or planning sessions
- Execute support requests and prepare communication to support teams. This includes ensuring the timely involvement of technical support or other appropriate IT staff as required.
- Provide support for on call, after hours, weekends, and public holidays when required
- Participate in troubleshooting efforts with the team or as an individual
- Resolve technical issues by using logical, systematic and sequential reasoning
- Escalate issues and remediation steps effectively and in a timely manner
- Provide technical support for projects and existing systems in cooperation with other team members including issue identification, log review, job flow dependencies and resolution
- Ensure all solutions are accompanied by appropriate system documentation that meets internal standards
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 8+ years of experience in IT Software development, support, or business analysis roles
- 2+ years as a Team Lead
- Knowledge and experience of Investment systems preferred
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and requests and ability to deliver quality results
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Technical Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of related experience
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America-Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown-119 Euston Street
Req ID: 18232