Cosma International Maintenance Millwright in Concord, Ontario
Located in Vaughan, Ontario, Maple Stamping, a Division of Magna International, Inc., is a Tier 1 automotive supplier trusted by numerous OEMS including Ford, FCA, GM and Honda to provide quality parts at competitive prices. Our Facility features high tonnage stamping and automated weld assembly, boasting over 500 individual part numbers within a facility spanning 200,00 square feet. At the heart of our business are our people, many of whom have amassed more than twenty years of service with Magna and whom work together to initiate and support projects all to support the goal of world class manufacturing. Please consider the following opportunity carefully and submit an application to join our team!
As a maintenance millwright with the Division you will install, maintain, dismantle and overhaul machinery as required. You will use plans and blueprints to complete installations, perform overhauls and implement improvement measures using both hand and power tools. Your skills will be tested within a fast-paced automotive enrivonment containing an array of cutting edge manufacturing technology.
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager. Please be fully aware that this is a night shift positionthat will not rotate on to other shifts prior to submitting your application!
- Execute the preventative maintenance program as per existing planning and scheduling.
- Complete the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of Plant facilities and equipment as required including working with external contractors.
- Support maintenance of spare parts list.
- Routine maintenance of production equipment to ensure the most efficient flow of production with the least possible downtime.
- Respond to production downtime calls with a sense of urgency and provide both a diagnosis and effective solution to any problems found.
- Identify opportunities to work as a team and involve other trades in order to resolve concerns as efficiently as possible.
- Work with production scheduler to schedule repairs ensuring scheduler is aware when work assignments cannot be completed as planned.
- Maintain detailed records of technical information and labour hours of unscheduled repairs and improvement
- Ensures supervisor is advised when assignments cannot be completed as planned.
- Comply with and enforce all Company policies as required.
Knowledge and Education
- Must possess a valid trades licence - Ontario or Journeyman Certificate of Qualification for the trade of Millwright, 433A.
- Able to communicate clearly in English (both verbal and written).
- Must own Toolbox/Tools to carry out tasks.
- Knowledge or training and past experience operating heavy industrial equipment including overhead cranes. Inspection equipment (micro meter, height indicator, etc.)
- 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience performing maintenance and repairs on stamping brake presses at least or greater than 400 tonnes.
- Previous work experience with shifts or on straight nights will be regarded as a valuable asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Assertive and self motivated, able to analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Intimate knowledge of equipment and processes within scope of job. Certified in use of all required equipment
- Constantly open to new ideas, open to change and improvement, capable of moving ideas into actions by leveraging planning skills and the ability to involve and motivate others.
- Skilled in root cause analysis and trouble techniques of equipment problems
- Creative problem-solving skills are essential
- General knowledge of blueprint reading and various steel and lubricants
- Clean and very organized shop floor environment working toward 5S expertise.
- Works under general supervision of Supervisor or Designee.
- Wears all PPE including company provided uniforms.
- Required to carry out routine, repetitive tasks such as reaching, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, lifting, packing, stacking and bending.
- Regularly exposed to noise, temperature change and on occasion lubricants.
- This is a night shift position with no rotation.
- Customer or manpower needs may require the ability to accommodate alternate shifts in the future.
Group: Cosma International
Division: Maple Stamping
Job Type: Regular