Danaher Corporation Senior Software Project Manager in Concord, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver//Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life.™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us atwww.sciex.com.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
We are searching for a Senior Software Project Manager to manage large scale, complex projects in a cross-functional Agile software development environment to create scientific and instrument control software for our mass spectrometer product lines.
* Manage software project teams using Agile SCRUM practices to develop Windows-based applications using C# and .Net for our mass spectrometer products
* Manage cross-functional project teams including: software developers, software testers, technical writers, subject matter experts, etc.
* Work with the team to create a project plan (schedule and budget) and monitor progress against the plan.Manage and oversee all project-related technical complexities and risks.
* Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the product development lifecycle process and related tools. Use this understanding to complete project management related accomplishments and to ensure other team members follow the process and complete their deliverables.
* Communicate project status to management and other stakeholders via presentations and project tracking tools.
* Facilitate the resolution of project issues and help remove obstacles that impede progress.
* Other duties as assigned
- Experience managing cross-functional software development projects (5 years)
- Experience/knowledge of Agile software development processes e.g. SCRUM (2 years)
- Minimum 7 years experience in a Product Development environment developing software using C , C#, .Net.
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Good team building skills - creating a sense of team driven by common goals, motivation, facilitation, conflict resolution.
- Ability to set & track project budgets, schedules, deliverables, etc.
- Comfortable managing with uncertainty and managing the "white space"
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A Bio/Life Sciences background is highly beneficial
Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Project Management (APM), and/or SCRUM Master certification is required
SCIEX supports Employment Equity, and encourages application s from members of all designated groups .
SCIEX is an equal opportunity employer, and only those candidates who are qualified will be contacted. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This document is available in alternate format e.g. large print, Braille, upon request .
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Req ID: SCI000975