Danaher Corporation Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Service Business Operations in Concord, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver/Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life./™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us atwww.sciex.com.
REPORTS TO : Sr. Manager, Service Business Operations
LOCATION : Concord, Ontario
SCOPE OF ROLE :
SCIEX is on a journey to improv e the service business execution efficiency through the simplification of tools for business decision making, and cross linkage of software tools for a holistic integrated view of the business . The Service Business Operations team is tasked with enabling the success of the service organization in the aforementioned journey. Thus, building the appropriate level of project management muscle and tool specific knowledge within service operations is critical.
Role Description :
The Sr. Business Analyst will support the global service organization in the following key areas :
- Project Management (20%) - Managing Service Digital Initiative Projects (e.g. new systems deployments or process implementations) through major milestones with clarity and accountability.
- ServiceMax Global Process Ownership (40%) - The technical underpinnings of ServiceMax will be your responsibility . P erform all tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the implementation of ServiceMax including but not limited to managing users, in collaboration with IT continuously improving the ServiceMax user experience, creating and maintaining custom objects and fields, maintenance of page layouts, monitoring and helping resolve of the Oracle Service etc.
Oracle Global Process Ownership (40%) – be the resident expert for the Oracle service business process, thoroughly understand the Oracle to ServiceMax integration, and in collaboration with IT, ensure the integration is functioning as intended.
The role will report to the Sr. Manager of Service Business Operations within the Global Services & Support Organization (GSS). He/She will have the opportunity to interact with and leverage the collective knowledge of GSS - which includes: Service product management, DBS, Global Service Training, Project Management, and Business Analysis teams.
R esponsibilities and tasks for this position will include but are not limited to the following :
Leverage understanding of ERP/CRM systems (Oracle/ SFDC/ ServiceMax) to drive functional improvements and identify areas for process development
- Work on complex business problems and drive the service organizations to arrive at value added digital enhancement projects, project plans and tangible results
- Support & drive change process and communication - status, risks, issues, delays, successes, scope changes, schedule and project performance , contingency fallback & risk mitigation plans, and manage user expectation and tool training
- Be the resident business process expert for the service organization and define business requirements for projects, participate in trade-off analysis, and coordinate user acceptance testing and validation work
- Provide application and business process consulting, for implementation of projects (most immediate need - ServiceMax application software.)
- Drive effective usage of business systems to maximize solution value by working in collaboration with IT to ensure reliability, integrity and robust integration of our ERP and CRM system (Oracle and ServiceMax)
- In Collaboration with IT, Manage a fast-paced queue of support requests, driving all issues to resolution with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and efficient task execution (immediate need in ServiceMax application software)
- Ability to provide application and business process consulting, including training documentation, for implementation of systems (immediate need in ServiceMax application software.)
- Own the Global Oracle service business process, responsible for the ongoing improvement of user experience , global compliance, development/implementation of new solutions.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process enhancements, simplification of tools for decision making, and cross linkage of tools for a holistic integrated 360 view of the business .
- Build and maintain a network with other Service and IT subject matter experts globally to facilitate Standard Work definition, adherence, and cross functional sharing of best practices
- Adhere to existing change management procedures and recommend improvements to existing procedures to satisfy regulatory compliance needs.
Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Medical Device industry is preferable
- B.S./ MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Related Field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- PMP certification desired
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple projects and a wide range of priorities simultaneously
- Ability to drive results through project team s by effectively managing project schedules and milestones
- Exceptional communication and conflict resolution skills - clearly articulate ideas, frame problems, and offer solutions.
- Excellent understanding of data integration aspects between Field Service, Manufacturing, Logistics and Sales from both the technical and business perspectives
- Proven ability to write effective business requirement documents, system and process documentation
- Minimum 3 years' with ServiceMax / SFDC experience (configuring, implementing, reporting, testing and training). Experience handling all aspects of CRM & Field Service, case management and platform maintenance preferred. ServiceMax Administrator certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with SalesForce.com. Salesforce.com administration certification preferred
- Familiarity with Apex and/or Force.com
- Prior experience with Oracle Service, Integration software (Middleware) and processes - such as Informatica
- Proven ability to lead and effect change within supported business groups
- Methodical attention to detail - Documenting, analyzing and understanding business and technical boundaries
Previous business operations experience, ideally in Service or S ales operations
Stretch oriented – Willingness to learn new things and do what it takes to get the job done
- Results oriented – has track record for delivering results, takes ownership, is accountable, and organized with rigorous attention to detail
- Customer Service oriented - high sense of urgency, strong passion, dedication, and desire to make a difference .
- C apable of resolving problems and overcoming obstacles to keep projects on track
- Continuous improvement oriented – has familiarity with DBS concepts, lean principles, and how to apply them
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed, and possess strong time management skills
- Enthusiasm for engaging teams and peers; delivering high quality with internal “customers”
- Extremely high attention to detail and an eagerness to optimize and enrich our systems and processes
- Experience structuring processes and workflows with extreme attention to user experience, user interaction and design
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Technical Service
Primary Location: North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Req ID: SCI000982