Aon Corporation Assistant Branch Manager; Commercial Insurance - Edmonton, AB (Job ID 2419530) in Edmonton, Alberta
Aon Is Looking For An Assistant Branch Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Commercial Insurance team within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Edmonton, AB. As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President & Branch Manager and have 10+ direct reports which include entry, mid-level and senior colleagues. This is a role with significant career development and growth potential;
Your Impact As An Assistant Branch Manager
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for supporting the Branch Manager and Unit Leaders in the achievement of Branch business results together with:
- Business Planning in consultation with Branch Manager and Team Leads;
- Lead the Branch Sales Plan;
- Implementation of Best Practices and specifically Aon Client Promise and Strategic Account Reviews;
- Attraction and retention of top talent;
- Promote and represent Aon in the local business community;
- Utilize Local, Regional and National Aon resources to effectively respond to current and prospective client needs.
Distinctive Client Value
- Drives new business within the designated Edmonton Account Teams in terms of new from existing and new/new business;
- Work collaboratively with the Regional and National Sales & Marketing, Broking and Segment Leads to ensure targets are achieved;
- Manages a portfolio of clients generating revenue of $500,000 in an Account Director capacity;
- Develops, implements and champions the required client service focus for the Edmonton Branch Teams and sponsors best practices initiatives in support of business targets;
- Champions the new from existing business initiatives within Edmonton;
- Assists Branch Manager with monitoring of Branch performance and identifies causes of underperformance, implementing necessary corrective action steps where objectives are not being met;
- Represents Aon throughout Edmonton and through participation in professional, business and community associations;
- Establishes targets business networking strategies and uses these networks and platforms to drive new business for the Branch;
- Provides support to a wide range of Aon services and capabilities to ensure they are assembled and available within the local branch community in support of the delivery of Distinctive Client Value;
- Contributes to the long term development of the community image in the region by demonstrating a proactive and positive public relations approach with all contacts including clients, employees and the public;
- Provides account management to ensure the effective delivery of sales and service programs.
- Working with the Branch Manager, demonstrates knowledge of business and financial principles, standards and best practices;
- Manages branch operational processes leading to increased revenue and income growth;
- Assists the Branch Manager in managing Branch resources to effect changing business processes, systems and reviews and recommends changes to branch structure and administrative resources to meet local, regional and national business plan objectives;
- Review Account Managers book size and workloads and recommends changes in terms of reallocation of accounts and resources to the Branch Manager;
- Works with the Branch Manager on the approval of all branch resources allocations and acquisitions to ensure their effective development and ultimate ROI in accordance with regional and national organizational financial objectives;
- Works collaboratively with Branch teams to ensure the consistent and effective application of National policies and procedures as they apply to Branch operations;
- Makes recommendations for change and process improvement in support of business planning efforts.
- Assists Branch Manager in performance development, cross-training and succession planning initiatives in support of the attraction, retention and motivation of key branch talent;
- Supports the achievement of overall business goals by creating a positive and productive Edmonton branch, coaching and developing other unit leaders and recognizing team and individual accomplishments;
- Embodies and sponsors Aon’s values, vision, business goals and objectives through a variety of effective communication techniques and structures;
- Fosters and motivates a collaborative team culture across groups, units and teams within the branch;
- Supports unit leaders in setting and measuring branch performance management goals and objectives. Provides guidance and feedback to ensure performance standards are adhered to and branch objectives are met.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant commercial insurance and risk management sales experience;
- Ability to design and structure complex insurance programs;
- Proven business management experience;
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills;
- Miller Heiman or similar training, as well as prospecting, sales-initiating and closing techniques;
- Risk management training and in-depth knowledge of various insurance and alternative funding techniques;
- Experience / training in mentoring, coaching, delegation and change management.
- General human resource knowledge (interviewing skills, employment standards, health and safety);
- Project management training and experience is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience
- General Insurance Level Two (2) License required;
- Completed broker’s license (CIP, FIIC, CAIB) required;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
- A dynamic, energetic, positive, and passionate leader who knows how to execute a strategic plan with energy;
- A natural leader whose passion, energy and enthusiasm is infectious to others;
- A friendly, open, approachable and personable individual;
- An ability to push themselves and their team out of their comfort zone to enable their missions;
- Someone who inspires innovation, and excellence;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment; and
- Someone who easily instills confidence and creates strong relationships quickly.
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
About Aon: Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2419530
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: Canada, AB, Edmonton