Electronic Arts, Inc BioWare Edmonton: Senior Graphics Programmer in Edmonton, Alberta
BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
We are hiring a Senior Graphics Programmer in all three locations; Edmonton, Austin and Montreal
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer who will work with us to drive graphical innovation on new and existing AAA titles built using the Frostbite Engine. You will work closely with our outstanding artists as you focus on improvementsto the engine, performance and stability, and development of art/content workflows and pipelines.
What the Senior Graphics Programmer will do at BioWare:
· Works with artists and other graphics programmers to design and implement world class rendering features.
· Develops and authors all phases of technical design specifications and completes implementation.
· Optimizes, hardens and improves features, workflows and pipelines throughout the lifecycle of the project.
· Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
· Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
What skills does BioWare look for?
· B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education or experience
· Advanced knowledge of C++
· Self-motivated with proven experience researching, developing, and optimizing rendering solutions for a variety of platforms
· Excellent communication skills and comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
· A commitment to delivering high quality games
· Experience working in an environment with an emphasis on concurrency, memory, and performance
· Prior game development experience is strongly preferred
· Experience with Frostbite engine is an asset
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location; http://www.bioware.com/en/studios/bioware-edmonton/
More info Contact: Josca Remerie @email@example.com orhttps://ca.linkedin.com/in/josca-remerie-bhrm-rpr-7803409
“EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.”