GardaWorld Cash Services Detention Supervisor / Operations Manager Job in Edmonton, Alberta
Req Id 65002 - Posted 11/23/2016 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Detention Supervisor/ Operations Manager
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
GardaWorld has great opportunity for personal growth and advancement, fosters a collaborative environment, and encourages team cooperation. You can make a difference in a company that gives you latitude to deliver the best customer service.
We are currently hiring Detention Supervisor/ Operations Manager to work in Edmonton, Protective Service
Your mission at GardaWorld:
Working in security you will be responsible to provide coverage to ensure the security of people and assets. You will deliver exceptional levels of customer service and work with upmost integrity. Your appearance, attitude and behavior will match GardaWorld’s premium professional standards at all times.
What are the job benefits we offer you?
- Competitive Salary (Negotiable)
- Working Office Hours
- Paid on the job training
- Ongoing training including PPCT, First Aid and CPR
- Corporate Rebates (Home/Car Insurance, Travel, Arts and Entertainment, Travel, Shopping)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career path planning
- Free uniform and protective equipment
- Medical/ dental benefits after 90 days of employment
- Ongoing training available
- A committed team working environment
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
- Managing the project
- Providing line management to staff members
- Over-seeing the transfer of detainees
- Liaison with the client
- Liaison with the Regional Office
- Managing and creating Staff schedules
- Administrative Duties
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a management role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage large teams
- Computer literate
- Grade 12 or GED certificate and advanced degree
- A valid Alberta Security Worker license
- A class 5 or 4 driving licence
- Availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Previous experience from high profile and complex security assignments is an asset
- AST and OFA 1 with AED certificates are assets, but not mandatory
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Manager, Operations, Management
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada