GE Field Service Technician - Edmonton in Edmonton, Alberta
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 35,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Making the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity our highest priorities is The Way We Work. Our technologies and services include: surface and subsea drilling and production, monitoring and diagnostics, measurement and controls, large-scale LNG, pipeline compression and inspection, well site and industrial power generation, technologies for the refining and petrochemical industries, and modular CNG and LNG units for transportation sectors. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Through our customized service solutions, training programs and technologies, GE Oil & Gas partners with customers to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability; develop their next generation workforce; and fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Field Service Technician - Edmonton
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Canada
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Field Service Technician will perform duties in the installation, repair, removal, and maintenance of wellhead equipment on customer well sites within the geographical area of assignment.
Initially under the guidance or instruction of an experienced Field Service Representative, the incumbent will undertake any or all of the following:
• Install, repair and maintain equipment at the well site. Perform valve repair, valve lubrication, and wellhead upgrading.
• Repair, assemble, test, maintain tools, and customer equipment.
• Organize, select, and arrange shipment of equipment.
• Maintain all GE property, including truck, service tools, phone, computer equipment, etc. in a clean and ready state.
• Prepare service tickets and detailed Job Safety Analysis (JSA) requirements.
• Promote and perform any field service oriented sales and maintain a confident customer relationship for the company.
• Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by
• Must be willing to travel and assist in other Branch locations as required.
• A valid class 5 license.
• Some oilfield experience is desirable.
• Must communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
• Must be available and willing to travel to customer locations and with such frequency as the employer determines necessary to meet its business needs, including scheduled weekends.
• The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter.