GardaWorld Cash Services Loss Prevention Officer / Guard Job in Edmonton, Alberta
Req Id 64970 - Posted 11/22/2016 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Loss Prevention Officer / Guard
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
GardaWorld has great opportunity for personal growth and advancement, fosters a collaborative environment, and encourages team cooperation. You can make a difference in a company that gives you latitude to deliver the best customer service.
We are currently hiring Loss Prevention Officer / Guard to work in Edmonton, Protective Service
Your mission at GardaWorld:
Working in security you will be responsible to provide coverage to ensure the security of people and assets. You will deliver exceptional levels of customer service and work with upmost integrity. Your appearance, attitude and behavior will match GardaWorld’s premium professional standards at all times.
What are the job benefits we offer you?
- Regular wages ranging from $16 - $17.50/hour
- Paid on-the-job training
- Free uniform and protective equipment
- Ongoing training including PPCT, First Aid and CPR
- Career path planning and advancement opportunities
- Medical benefits after 90 days
- A committed team working environment
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
- Interior and exterior patrols
- Enforce property rules, city bi-laws, and other applicable laws
- Deter and respond to incidents on property
- Maintain a presence to ensure the safety and security of all persons on site
- Communicate regularly with patrons/clients
- Complete reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
- Respond to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)
- Make arrests as required-training provided
- Work in a variety of settings including but not limited to: special events, commercial properties, retail, industrial and mobile positions
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
- A valid ABST license
- Loss prevention experience (Mandatory)
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Some understanding/knowledge of applicable laws
- Valid First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain
- Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 period
- Driver’s license
- Professional image /deportment
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Job Segment: Loss Prevention, Security
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada