Aon Corporation Senior Health and Benefits Consultant (Edmonton, Alberta) in Edmonton, Alberta
Aon Is Looking For a*Senior Health and Benefits Consultant (Edmonton, Alberta)*
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt, in our Edmonton, Alberta Office.
As a Senior Consultant, you will manage mid to large projects and will have significant involvement in the business development activities of the practice. Reporting directly to the local practice leader, this position will provide input to the annual business plan and budget, research and development for the practice and be and will have significant involvement in client relationship management.
Your Impact As A Senior Health and Benefits Consultant
- Utilizing and developing existing sales channels including Aon affiliate companies, and creating leads for new Aon clients and / or introduction of Health and Benefits products and services for existing Aon clients;
- Working with Health and Benefits Practice Leader to create and executing a successful sales strategy;
- Actively participating in internal and external initiatives that will raise Aon’s and your personal profile in the business community;
- Writing / delivering client presentations/meetings/industry seminars that are well-prepared, powerful and persuasive;
- Identifying gaps between client needs and existing Aon services; proposing and developing service enhancements, adding to Aon’s product/service portfolio and intellectual capital;
- Establishing and using broad network of external contacts to gain market insight into client service expectations; sharing knowledge across the organization to enhance Aon’s ability to excel at client focus;
- Continually reviewing client accounts and relationships and recommending ways to enhance the value Aon brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client’s business and insight into industry trends;
- Providing consulting services and senior analytical support to a wide range of mid to large clients;
- Providing analysis of clients’ financial and underwriting results and preparing reports and letters, and other related group benefit projects;
- Providing advanced technical advice / expertise to clients and to others inside the organization (plan design recommendations, costings, documentation, reviews, etc.) as necessary to advance business interests;
- Providing guidance, mentoring and support to group benefit staff as they serve their clients, ensuring high standards of service;
- Acting as a role model for technical excellence, ensuring adherence to technical, professional and ethical standards; and
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 7-10 years of direct experience in a consulting/ group benefit insurance environment;
- Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to industry trends, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills in developing solutions for complex client / business issues;
- Proven organization skills and the ability to effectively coordinate the delivery of projects and advisory services;
- Ability to establish relationships at the senior management level with existing and prospective clients for purposes of understanding the short / long-term needs of clients, identifying business development opportunities and negotiating and closing consulting assignments;
- Demonstrated ability to lead business development activities, projects and cross-functional teams;
- Ability to provide technical health and insurance expertise and act as an effective mentor, coach and role model for practice members;
- Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Must have a positive attitude combined with a desire to contribute to the success of Aon; and
- Thorough knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Would be considered an asset for someone to have actuarial experience where post-retirement benefits and valuations work has been performed, combined with holding and or pursuing the fellowship with the Canadian Institute of Actuaries and the Society of Actuaries designation (i.e. FCIA and FSA).* *
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Business or Commerce or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience; and
- Commitment to professional development. Completion of CEBS or FLMI or LOMA or FCIA and FSA designation is preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/30/16
Location: Canada, AB, Edmonton
Posted Date: 11/30/16