Victaulic Company Territory Sales Representative - Edmonton, AB in Edmonton, Alberta
Territory Sales Representative - Edmonton, AB (Job Number: 160000EJ)
- Promote to sell company products, concepts and services to prospects, specifiers, buyers, distributors and users
- Research and report marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning and review
- Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts and concur with your manager
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, prospects and distributors
- Develop and implement suitable promotion plans, with the help and approval of your manager, such as group presentations, regional shows, training seminars, branch visits and installation tours
- Find and follow major construction, expansion or retrofit projects with Victaulic sales potential
- Cooperate with the corporate sales effort when sales influences are inter-territorial
- Develop territory distributors to maintain the required customer service level
- Comply with pricing guidelines or make recommendations for special pricing for your manager’s approval
- Continuously improve customers’ written specifications for Victaulic products
- Gain complete information for all quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements
- Maintain up to date knowledge and skill for your job and advise your manager of any training needs
- Cooperate with inside sales, engineering and other support staff to ensure good teamwork to meet customer requirements
- Participate in your quality workgroup meetings and strive for continuous improvement in your work
- Report activities, progress, market information, new ideas, expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested
Two to five years of outside sales experience, calling on the construction industry with specific knowledge or background in one or more of the following industries preferred: (HVAC, industrial, building products, mining, oil, municipal, or pipe, valve, & fittings industry).
Evidence of the ability to interact effectively with contractors, owners, and distributors to build long-term relationships.
Strong organizational and communication skills, above average mechanical aptitude, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
A four year university degree in engineering, business or liberal arts.
Willingness to travel. Overnight travel is estimated to be at least 10 - 20%.
Primary Location: CAN-Alberta-Edmonton