The Mosaic Company Sr Mechanical Engineer in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Sr Mechanical Engineer at our Esterhazy, SK K1 location. The successful candidate will be responsible for safe and effective execution of assigned automation projects, on time and on budget. The scope of the position includes aspects from the design and construction phases through commissioning and final turnover of automation projects. He/she will work with the automation core engineering team on the design and development of new technologies and take the lead role in the construction and implementation of major projects. This position will provide technical expertise of a mechanical engineering nature to ensure the automation systems developed are effective and reliable.
What will you be working on?
- Ensure safety is a top priority in both design and execution of projects. Review and approve design drawings to ensure compliance with Mosaic processes, procedures, standards, and Mine Regulations. Work closely with Operations personnel to facilitate the safe testing and completion of projects. Develop procedures for safely testing new technologies in an operational mining environment.
- Develop and design machinery to be used for automating various aspects of potash mining. Act as a technical liaison between Mosaic and consultants and vendors as required.
- Investigate and promote ideas for new technological developments. Incorporate the latest technologies into designs for automating the various elements of potash mining.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise on mine automation projects related to machine design, hydraulic systems, or other mechanical sub-disciplines.
- Follow the Capital Project Management process on assigned capital projects to ensure proper practices are applied to the allocation and spending of capital on assigned automation projects. Provide technical insight from area of expertise in a team setting to help develop and progress the mine automation project portfolio.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering majoring in Mechanical or Industrial Systems.
- Registered with APEGS, P. Eng designation is a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years of experience. Project management experience in an underground mining environment, preferably potash mining, is preferred. Must have experience with machine design, hydraulic system design, and conveyor systems. Experience in Research and Development of new technologies will be strongly considered.
- AutoCAD experience with 3D modeling software (Inventor or Solidworks), MS Office, Maximo, Microsoft Project, SAP systems
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel. Must be able to work co-operatively in relationships bridging various levels of authority. Requires a strong drive for innovation and development of new technologies. Must have time management skills necessary to complete projects within timelines established. Good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to promote the company's best interests when dealing with contractors, consultants, and vendor representatives.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.