LP Building Products ENVIRONMENTAL TECH in Fort St. John, British Columbia
LP Building Products is currently seeking an Environmental Technician to join a dynamic team at their facility located in Fort St. John, British Columbia.
LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
To assist the Plant Environmental Manager, Operations Environmental Manager, and plant management in developing, implementing and maintaining environmental compliance programs at assigned location.
- Advise Plant Environmental Manager, Operations Environmental Manager, and Plant Manager on environmental issues and concerns for areas of responsibility.
- Participate in implementation, administration, and maintenance of the Environmental Management System.
- Gather and analyze specific data for monitoring, documenting, and reporting to the Plant Environmental Manager, such as Air emissions and emission exceedance notices; hourly, daily, monthly and annual production rates; process material throughput; water discharges and discharge exceedances, etc.
- Manage and/or participate in project implementation, as assigned.
- Participate in or support management-level environmental audits and audit training.
- Monitor, assign, and track qualified vendors, using vendor selection SOP.
- Effectively interact with environmental regulators (back-up to the Plant Environmental Manager).
- Produce a variety of reports for environmental reporting and recordkeeping in accordance with established policies and protocols.
- Participate in cross-functional teams on special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the compilation and preparation of annual budget.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**
- Knowledge of Local, Provincial, and Federal environmental regulations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Ability to operate computer and supporting software packages.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Or any equivalent combination of training education and experience that demonstrated the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Certification or license in specialized environmental areas preferred.
- 1 to 2 years related experience
- General work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous exposure to plant environmental policies, procedures and administration preferred.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to wear a respirator.
- Ability to climb ladders up to heights of 60 feet or greater
- Ability to work on roofs.
- Exposure to manufacturing environment, including dust, production equipment, mobile equipment, extreme temperatures (heat)
- Occasional travel and extended work hours required.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
About Fort St. John
Energetic Fort St. John is located on the historic Alaska Highway and is the oldest interior community. With a growing population of 21,000 Fort St. John offers a small town lifestyle with big city amenities. We have a commercial airport with daily direct flights to Calgary and Vancouver. In addition to the availability of year round outdoor activities, the City provides a state-of-the-art Recreation Facility on three levels that includes two hockey arenas, a long track speed skating track and a free of charge walking track. The city reflects our large resource base of forestry, agriculture, oil and natural gas. Anyone can easily experience the vitality and spirit of Fort St. John residents that is reflected in the dynamic and energetic population. Come visit, play and stay in Fort St. John.
Job Code: C12026
Date Posted: 11 / 22 / 2016
Name: Fort St. John, BC