Diageo Distillation Plant Supervisor in Gimli, Manitoba
External Job TitleDistillation Plant Supervisor
Function Supply Operations
Type of Job Employee
North America State/Province Manitoba
External Job Description Diageo Canada aspires to be the first choice drinks business in Canada. We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Tanqueray, Guinness and more. An international company with facilities around the world, Diageo is ranked 11th among the top 25 multinational workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute. Diageo Canada has also been recognized as one of this year's Best Workplaces in Canada for the 8th consecutive year and thus demonstrating our commitment to celebrating successes, openness and honesty. Diageo's purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere, and we look for opportunities to enable this through our reward offering, incentives, career development opportunities, health benefits and compensation. Join our team and celebrate with us.
• To supervise and coordinate all activities of unionized workers, including operational, personnel, and administrative tasks. Develop, manage, and lead a performance-oriented, efficient team-based staff to produce a finished product.
• Develop new process and programs to reduce and minimize losses - Oversee annual operating budget, excluding labor
Directly responsible for lead personnel and hourly workers.
Interview and hire employees; resolve conflicts; coordinate daily staffing
Ensure efficient production and high standards. Optimize safety, quality, production, and cost objectives through employee involvement and team building approach to problem solving.
Train and monitor personnel to ensure proper procedures are followed.
Communicate production schedules and schedule changes to appropriate departments.
Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve warehousing operations.
Ensure all monthly safety and food safety audits are completed on time, all corrective action items are completed, and all warehousing workers understand the goals.
Review all production paperwork and ensure all paperwork is filled out accurately and completely.
Ensure production databases are properly maintained and information utilized for continuous improvement.
Monitor parts and supplies inventories and place all necessary orders to ensure business needs are met.
Manage assigned budget accounts.
Complete labor cost estimates for special projects and rework.
Generate ideas and implement changes in processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency, improve safety and quality, reduce costs, and improve employee morale.
Research, write, and implement assigned Capital Authorizations (CAs).
Remain abreast of industry changes and new technology, equipment, systems, and procedures as they relate to improving the warehousing area.
Assist other departments on material quality, package quality, and other production related issues.
Work with management staff on productivity, quality, and safety issues.
• BA/BS in Business, Management, or Engineering, five plus years of supervisory experience in distillery or warehousing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience in distilling operations.
• BS in Science or Engineering, preferably chemical engineering·
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills·
• Computer literate: SAP, Microsoft Office
• Strong leadership and management background·
• Strong analytical and budgeting skills· Excellent organization and time-management skills. ·
• Must work well with other departments, as well as all levels of management. ·
• Must be customer oriented·
• Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated exper activities, WSIB standards, HACCP.