Continental Corporation HR Manager in Granford, Quebec
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. As a division in the Continental group, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 43,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, plastic, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech always thinks in terms of customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly solutions – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of €5.4 billion (2015), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, NAFTA, and South America.
Auto req ID 52350BR
Job Title HR Manager
Posting Location Granford, QC
The Human Resources Manager will be required to facilitate and lead the plant HR organization to ensure quality customer service to all team members in regards to safety, benefits, worker’s compensation, training, employment, environmental, counseling and advisement by being flexible and responsive. Our goal is to be a competitive world class organization.
Responsibilities will include:
• Delivers Human Resources advisory services, direction and support to management and staff in areas such as employee development, performance management, human rights, employment law and policy interpretation.
• Leads plant change and culture initiatives through coaching, meetings, and other activities
• Schedules and facilitates regular meetings with supervisors/managers to share information, provide learning opportunities, obtain information and feedback
• Provides advice and guidance in all Labour Relations matters, including grievance/dispute resolution, interpretation of all disciplinary matters
• Works effectively with employee representatives committee and deal as proactively as possible with issues and concerns, including having update meetings
• Facilitates execution of organizational development and change management initiatives primary deliverables include tools and interventions in the areas of; performance management, work environment practices, rewards and recognition, retention, leadership development, compensation, employee development and advancement, and employee satisfaction
• Maintains and reports Human Resources Key Performance Indicators such as Attendance, Turnover, and Retention, etc…
• Manage HR team and administration role
• In collaboration with his team, manages all recruitment activities in the plant, including hourly, salaried and temporary workers
• Responsible for recruitment/attraction, retention and training programs
• Determines recruitment needs with plant manager
• Implementation of people initiative processes and programs including delivering, developing and/or customizing the tools, training programs and supports required.
• Facilitate execution of plant operations and corporate programs (e.g. succession planning, orientation, etc.)
• Preparation and administration of the HR budget and ensuring effective control to ensure that spending is within budget
• Support and drives Continuous Improvement initiatives related to Human Resources
• Develops and drives the execution of an annual HR Plan for the facility which focuses on the delivery of key plant and Corporate HR initiatives ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations, privacy requirements, policies, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Behavioral Science or related field is required.
Minimum of 5 years of experience within an HR Manager role
Proven influence skills and the ability to create strong relationships with all levels within the plant
Proven effective interaction skills at all times and in all situations
Strong written and verbal communication skills—the ability to be a great listener is key to this role!
Experience in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Experience in leading implementation of a High Performance Team organization.
Proven ability to lead and develop others
Sound planning and organizational skills
Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
MBA degree is preferred
Union free experience required (a blend of union + non union skills preferred)
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.