Stryker Candidate Care Specialist Contract in Hamilton, Canada
Requisition ID 17696BR
Job Title Candidate Care Specialist Contract
Group Global Quality and Ops
Division Canada Business Operations
Business Unit Canada Headquarters
Business Function Human Resources
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required Up to 20%
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
The Candidate Care Specialist will work with Human Resources Recruiter(s) to facilitate sourcing, interviewing and ultimately bringing diverse talent onto the Stryker team. The mission of the Candidate Care Specialist is to help ensure all Stryker candidates receive a positive recruiting experience regardless if an offer is extended. This individual must serve as a contributing member of the Human Resources team while championing Stryker’s Mission and Values.
• Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation
• Responsible to live and exemplify Stryker’s Values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance
• Schedule on-site interviews for candidates and hiring managers
• Schedule travel for candidates on-site interviews and work with travel vendors to organize the candidate travel and stay, as required
• Manage candidate expenses including getting the expenses to the correct department
• Assist during on-site interviews (ensure interview schedule followed, candidate feedback, on-site point of contact). Will be the “face” of Stryker during the candidate’s on-site interviews.
• Support campus recruitment efforts including career fairs and general recruiting, as required
• Source, screen and interview candidates to fill currently open positions for entry level and interns roles under recruiter guidance
• Develop a collaborating relationship with hiring managers to meet their staffing needs
• Evaluate, interpret and explain talent based selection tools with/for Hiring Managers during the recruiting process.
• Present Candidate Care best practices and updates to Recruiters, HRBPs, and Hiring Managers.
• Participate in new hire orientation, including scheduling sessions
• Assist in the compilation and/or preparation of confidential reports for the HR function on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Other duties as assigned by Manager
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
• Must be able and comfortable communicating to groups of people
• Must be able to communicate telephonically and via email
• Must be able to generate, understand and explain detailed company policies and procedures
• Ability to prioritize work and keep detailed, accurate and confidential information and records
• Must be able to operate common office equipment (e.g. PC, telephone, etc.)
• Excellent reading, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
• Effective problem solving skills
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a related discipline required; preferably in HR or business
• Enrollment in/interest in pursuing or completion of Canadian Human Resource Professional certificate program preferred
• Must be able to manage time, projects, stress, and conflict
• Must be able to multitask and bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
• Internal applicants with an equivalent combination of education, experience and performance over time at Stryker will be considered
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability