United States Steel Chemical Technologist in Hamilton, Ontario
Auto req ID7654BR
State/ProvinceCA - ON
Work Location - CityHamilton
Mid-LevelU. S. Steel Canada Operations
Company OverviewU. S. Steel Canada’s operations are efficient and high tech and our customer focus is intense. We’ve been making steel for more than 100 years, always with an eye to making it better, faster and more cost effectively. From the high-strength, light-weight steels that make automobiles sleeker, safer and more fuel efficient, to the polished surfaces of the appliances you use every day, to the steel framing and roofs that make our homes stronger and safer, our products do things that no other material can.
At U. S. Steel Canada, our strength is our people. Our dedicated, diverse and innovative employees contribute to our company in creative ways every day and have helped us maintain our position as a leading steel producer.
U. S. Steel Canada has a Vision for the future – Making Steel. World Competitive. Building Value. – and we are seeking talented, motivated, and creative people like you to help us achieve it.
Job DescriptionU. S. Steel Canada Inc. has an immediate opening for a Chemical Technologist in the Metallurgy & Quality Assurance Department at our Hamilton Works location.
• Perform chemical analyses, according to ASTM specifications and Laboratory procedures, on routine samples which include raw materials (coke, coal, breeze, etc.) and steel
• Analyze various By-Product and Environmental process effluents
• Operate specialized equipment, conducting Quality Assurance procedures as part of the process
• Participate in round robin testing with other Industrial Laboratories to verify US Steel Canada procedures
• Issue reports and communicate with Operating personnel on test results
• College/university diploma/degree in a chemical discipline
• Some industry experience desired but not required
• A good working knowledge of MSOffice applications
• Good planning, problem solving, and communication skills
• The ability to learn quickly and assume responsibility
United States Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment OpportunityIn accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, U. S. Steel Canada is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Apply to job Save to cart View similar jobs