Aegion Corporation Superintendent in Hamilton, Ontario
Insituform® Technologies Limited is looking for an experienced Superintendent based out of our Hamilton office. Reporting to the General Superintendent, the Superintendent is responsible for supervising and managing all activities of a six (6) person crew.
Insituform® Technologies, an Aegion company, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, and drinking water pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods. For more information, visit www.insituform.com.
• Provide coordination, on the job supervision, training and mentoring for subordinates who are engaged in all phases of pipe rehabilitation projects.
• Liaise with all other departments and Operations Management to effectively deliver services to customers.
• Adhere to, and reinforce, all safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment, and all construction activities are performed as planned.
• Conduct Hazard Assessments, and daily safety meetings.
• Provide concise incident reporting and incident investigations.
• Communicate with project management and operations teams.
• Analyze and resolve work problems, or lead crew members in discovering the resolutions.
• Report time and production for the crew in preparation of work schedules and expediting workflow.
• Account for hours expended by crew members to minimize labor cost.
• Maintain positive public image of the company with appropriate conduct and by operating company vehicles and equipment in a safe, professional, and courteous manner.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Employees comply with all government and corporate safety procedures and ensure staff compliance.
• 3+ years or related industry experience and/or training.
• Previous experience as a foreman or supervising experience.
• Knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, equipment and procedures utilized to install and cure CIPP pipe is an asset.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions which are applicable to the work.
• Ability to complete applicable reports, records and related administrative tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members of the public, staff and others who are involved in the CIPP installation process.
• Ability to work out of town, approximately 50% travel.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• 1st Aid, CSTS, TDG, Confined Space and WHIMIS Safety Tickets an asset
We offer career advancement opportunities, competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.