The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Fleet Solutions Sales Manager (Central British Columbia) in Kelowna, California
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The primary function of this position is to manage commercial business, which includes national accounts and end users, within an assigned territory and in a manner that generates sales. This position must develop, maintain, and grow Goodyear's market share within an assigned territory. Analyze customer needs, research their current purchasing patterns, and find solutions that satisfy both the customer and Goodyear. This position is responsible for performing Fleet Solutions and Retread sales function and will be working remotely. There is no office associated with the role.
- Develop an annual business plan and strategy for assigned territory. Monitor the business by composing target reports, quarterly progress reviews. Conducting competitive analysis, and benchmarks, and identify growth opportunities which may exist.
- Create and develop a positional advantage for Goodyear by analyzing customer needs and recommending appropriate products, services, and maintenance practices.
- Gather and compile competitive information to counsel and aid the marketing department in determining Goodyear's position in the market.
- Provide training, information, and counseling to customers on new products and services.
- Initiate and develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- Compose and review programs for national accounts and end users. This includes negotiating programs with customers; participating in the RFP process, Submitting and/or revising price requests through TPS, preparing and distributing programs; reporting and reviewing sales; coordinating and executing country-wide or North American programs; and assisting the credit department in collection of past due accounts.
- Organizing, calendar planning and other administrative tasks. This includes scheduling meeting with customers; participating in monthly WebEx conferences; tracking vehicle mileage and transcribing it into the electronic logbook; tracking business expenses; submitting weekly highlights to the regional manager; etc.
- Attend and participate in industry association events to further develop relationships with customers and potential customers.
- This position must meet various contacts that are external and internal to the organization.
Required Education and Experience
- An Associate's Degree, or Vocational or Technical School Degree in business, finance, or mechanics is required to perform this job, however, A Bachelor's Degree in business, financial, or mechanics is preferable.
- 3-5 years of experience in mechanics, business or finance may replace their educational counterpart. A successful sales history is necessary.
- A valid driver's license is required in order to conduct field sales and a valid passport is required for travel throughout North America.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills to assess customer needs, seek multiple perspectives, and if necessary gather more information and arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Strong process management skills to follow up on accounts.
- Strong computer skills to use MS Office, Lotus Notes, and in-house programs such as TireHQ, TPS, CIMS, FLEETHQ and TireTrac.
- Intermediate clerical skills to file business reports and claims, schedule meetings, track vehicle mileage, and submit weekly highlights.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to create emails, reports, and presentations.
- Advanced team work skills to collaborate with various departments.
- Advanced time management/organizational skills to multi-task and prioritize tasks according to their importance.
- Strong self-motivation is necessary to carry out work activities with little supervision.
- An incumbent must be trustworthy because the position has access to confidential information such as customer credit records.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .