Honeywell Senior Procurement Specialist in Markham, Canada
The purpose of the Senior Procurement Specialist is to develop and implement sourcing strategies for assigned category(s) of subcontract and product spend supporting the Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) Canada business. This position is an integral part of the Supply Management team, working closely with the Regional Sourcing Leader, Category Leaders, Buyers and business stakeholders to deliver value and achieve organizational goals.
The successful candidate can work within the Greater Toronto Area and will be supporting business initiatives across Canada.
Responsibilities: * Establish and implement subcontract strategies. 1. Define, develop and maintain formal documented subcontractor strategy, using market and competitive data. 2. Work across teams to ensure business requirements are met providing the most beneficial total cost of ownership. 3. Negotiate price, payment terms, and other delivery-and performance-related terms with selected subcontractors using applicable negotiation strategies to achieve results. 4. Develop KPIs to manage performance throughout life of subcontract agreement including quality programs and continuous improvement processes. 5. Build strong subcontractor relationships and understanding of assigned category. 6. Record savings achieved during negotiation in accordance with standard HBS Honeywell policy. 7. Communicate performance against strategy on a scheduled basis.
Support development of cost estimate during proposal phase.
- Proactively engage with sales, estimating and projects team in their front-end planning during estimation to understand requirements and develop SCM plans/strategies.
- Provide proposal support tied to the business area needs. This includes initiating requests for Proposals (RFP), reviewing/analyzing responses and providing guidance to the program during the subcontractor selection process.
- Identify subcontractors to meet business requirements, ensure they are qualified in accordance with standard Honeywell HBS policies.
- Provide input and work with subcontractors in managing functional/technical specs where appropriate.
- Review subcontractor requested modifications to Honeywell standard Terms and Conditions, if necessary, enter into negotiations.
Subcontractor Purchase Order conversion and performance monitoring.
- Convert requisitions into subcontract purchase orders, reviewing applicable documentation for conformance with Honeywell requirements.
- Throughout the performance period, communicate regularly with stakeholders on subcontractor performance, and take action when necessary to remedy unsatisfactory performance (claim preparation / resolution) in accordance with terms and conditions.
- Work with supply chain buyers and accounts payable as necessary to resolve escalated/ urgent invoice resolution issues.
Supply Chain initiatives.
- Assist in auditing business purchase activity in accordance with standard Honeywell policies.
- Support implementation of Common Process/Systems, and other supply chain initiatives as required.
- Increase effective utilization and adoption of procurement tool set including e-sourcing, Ariba , e-invoice, catalogues..etc.
- Track and drive continuous improvement in PO compliance and sourcing efficiency ( no touch PO).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a subcontract sourcing and or business related capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in business or technical fields.
Additional Qualifications: * Construction background is strongly preferred * Construction, sub-contract or project management qualifications/certifications are strongly preferred * Six Sigma green belt, CPM, CSCP certifications preferred * Proven experience in subcontractor management and negotiations; * Comprehensive understanding of commercial terms and conditions related to procurement of Subcontract services. * Experience with SAP or similar procurement systems preferred. * Strong communication skills - verbal and written, ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences (cross cultural). * Strong leadership skills * Proven track record that includes working collaboratively with supply teams and technical team to understand technical statement of work requirements and subcontractor deliverables. * Self-motivated, able to perform role with minimal supervision, taking ownership and demonstrate sense of urgency. * Able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment * Ability to work in a team environment to consistently achieve results * Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and * Honeywell subcontractors to meet or exceed business objectives.
Clickhereto learn more about Honeywell Building Solutions business.
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out ourOne Honeywell Culturevideo on the Honeywell YouTube Channel.
Is this job not an exact match to what you were looking for? Join Honeywell'sTalent Networkto receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more.
To apply for this job, please visit ourcareer siteatwww.careersathoneywell.comand search job number 00335009
/As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce/
Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
Requisition ID: 00335009
Other Locations: CAN-ON-Hamilton, CAN-ON-London