Aon Corporation Managing Actuary - Insurance Advisory Organization (IAO) Markham in Markham, Ontario
Aon is looking for a Managing Actuary.
As part of an industry leading team you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Insurance Advisory Organization within Aon Risk Solutions in our Markham office, As a Managing Actuary, you will report directly to our Senior Vice President and National Practice Leader in Markham, Ontario.
Your impact as Managing Actuary:
Distinctive Client Value
Supporting analytical work including data management, loss forecasting, accruals, self-insurance analysis and cash flow analysis.
Collecting, organizing and analyzing data, in support of existing brokerage business and proposal development.
Preparing and maintain effective documentation of all client correspondence.
Maintaining effective day to day relationships with Aon team/client contacts, facilitating data/information collection.
Applying existing approaches and processes to specific client assignments, alerting ARC service team to anomalies, as appropriate.
Assisting in the preparation of proposals
Contributing to enhancement of overall assignment results by improving specific operational procedures
Executing routine client service tasks efficiently, delivering products and services, accurately and on time, by applying Aon protocols
Handling various changing work assignments, flexibly balancing priorities, so as to support client team workload
Communicate with clients, both internal and external to Aon
- Understanding clients needs by listening closely and cultivating trusting relationships with the client and Aon colleagues; delivering services that exceed client expectations.
- Pursuing disciplines and impacting development experiences by seeking honest feedback and demonstrating ownership of continuous learning and professional growth; actively collaborating with all Aon colleagues. Support National Practice Leader on day to day management.
- Identifying and applying firm best practices; constantly looking for new and better ways to serve clients and actively demonstrates Aon’s expertise to the marketplace.
- Producing excellent results by leveraging individual and firm resources with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrating Aon values in day-to-day work activities by modeling integrity, complying with Aon policies and striving to have a positive impact on our clients, colleagues, and communities.
Education and Professional Development
- College/University Actuarial Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Completed and passed at least the first 5 CAS exams.
- Minimum 8 years Experiences in actuarial field
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Canada: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/30/16
Location: Canada, ON, Markham
Posted Date: 11/30/16